Sign in to follow this  
krijeck

SANTEC VTC-621P

Hi there,

I am looking for a way to use an old CCTV Camera which I have laying around some time now.

It is a (according to the model sticker) SANTEC VTC-621P (some images her: https://imgur.com/a/gjU1D). I googled but was not able to find any resources.

I was able to use the camera with a BNC S-Video Video to VGA Converter on a normal Monitor. So the camera works perfect and gives a nice image! I can use the buttons on the side of the device to adjust the focus and so on.

But what I would like to do is to convert the video signal to use it in my ZoneMinder setup. I was thinking of using a raspberry Pi or similar to convert the signal ... is there ay possible way to use the camera in a "modern" setup?

any help/idea would be appreciated ...

thanks and regars

krijeck

Hi. The good old Sanyo ..........Sanyo made some good cameras in there time.

It would be easier to just connect your camera to a dvr. And then have all the benifits including the zoom command. That's you cheapest option.

You can use your Pi but you would need to go the IP encoder option and you still would not have your zoom function unless you also buy a controller which cost a lot

Standard BNC connection with power and data cable going to the

TX ..... Which is A or + on a dvr

Ground which is B or - on a dvr.

Are you going to be using this as security or just via a monitor ?

hi, thanks for that fast reply!

the manufacture date of the camera is 2004!

actually I got this camera without any cables - I got it to work with a 12V power adapter and the mentioned BNC to VGA Converter on a monitor.

to be honest it was not my primary idea to use it as a security camera. But as the quality of the images was quite usable and i liked the idea of reusing the good old hardware I thought to go deeper into the surveillance/security thing.

So I would like to be using this as security now.

according the commands you mentioned ... as said I have no cables to the camera - how could i use this as well?

just to explore this CCTV topic a little deeper without spending millions - which DVR would you recommend? I found pretty cheap devices on amazon. Just to connect the camera via BNC - no chance of controlling it. I have a small house - so no more than 4 channels should be sufficient ... I tried (not too much for now - just the last days) zoneminder - is there a chance to connect a DVR with analog cameras?

Hi. That's just what you have a analog camera

You don't see analog describe with dvr anymore but if you look for a dvr with 960h then your cam will work with that and control it. Just look for one in your budget