Sign in to follow this  
pnikiforov

Connecting a camera directly to a PC via VGA

Hello, everyone I have the following question. To start I have a Longse LIA40ETHC200FS camera that I would like to connect to a pc and record/save recordings on the pc. Тhe camera is connected via VGA to the pc(intersil A111312-A1 PCB). I get the video feed when i connect the camera directly to a TV. Now the question is how can i access the video feed on the pc and how can I record it? Do I need some sort of special software? Any information here will be appreciated. If you need more details I will try to provide them.

Best, Reguards,

Plamen

P.S. I am not sure if this is the right place to post, please excuse me if it's not.

Hello, everyone I have the following question. To start I have a Longse LIA40ETHC200FS camera that I would like to connect to a pc and record/save recordings on the pc. Тhe camera is connected via VGA to the pc(intersil A111312-A1 PCB). I get the video feed when i connect the camera directly to a TV. Now the question is how can i access the video feed on the pc and how can I record it? Do I need some sort of special software? Any information here will be appreciated. If you need more details I will try to provide them.

Best, Reguards,

Plamen

P.S. I am not sure if this is the right place to post, please excuse me if it's not.

Hi. Your VGA on PC will be video out not in so will not work.

That camera is 4in1 cvi-tvi-AHD and analog

Analog being the lowest res and is the only format that will work when you connect it to your tv.

Your tv will not display the cvi or tvi 2mp format.

To connect to your PC you will need a pci card with BNC input. But again you will only be analog and will not be able to use cvi or tvi.

For what it is going to cost for a pci card you would be better just buying a tvi/ cvi dvr its your cheapest option

Then you can watch dvr on PC

Hey, thanks for the response, I think that the card I have on the motherboard is the pci card, the intersil A111312-A1 PCB but it has vga input and I use a cable that goes from BCP to VGA to connect the camera to the card. I just dont know how to check if I get any stream going to the pc.

Hey, thanks for the response, I think that the card I have on the motherboard is the pci card, the intersil A111312-A1 PCB but it has vga input and I use a cable that goes from BCP to VGA to connect the camera to the card. I just dont know how to check if I get any stream going to the pc.

Hi. You will not get it to work that way ......you can't run it via VGA

You need a pci BNC card. This then turns your PC into a dvr.

But again you are wasting time and money.

You have a cvi/tvi HD analog camera ..........you are only using 960h analog by using a pci card

Why go 960h when you can go 1080p.

Get a cheap tvi-cvi dvr.

It's better than going backwards