alan1992

can anyone help.. or is this a no goer? [need asap]

i was wondering if anybody could inform me of any 6 hours+ vhs tapes i could buy. (id need them to be able to be shipped to the uk)

thanks

edit: these tapes would be used to record my 2 existing ameras that i am able to record now but currently i only have 3 hour tapes which is becomming a bit annoying.

I'm surprised you can't find them locally?

Perhaps some of the guys from UK can help you.

No more VHS tapes!....is this the end of analog?

Never tried this company, but they sell 10 to 12 hour tapes (on long play, which should be 5 to 6 hours standard play)

http://www.vt.tv/vhs_cctv_tapes/c/57.html

Remember the longer the tape the thinner it is and the more likely it is to wear out faster.

It may be worth looking into a dvr or pc based system, that way you would no longer need tapes, and would get much longer recording times.

I looked at longer tapes before going with DVR's. The 10-12 hour tapes were significantly more expensive than standard length tapes. I stayed with 8 hour tapes.

VHS systems are slowly going out of the market, using a 6hrs tape is not good as the tape is so thin that it will not last for long. If your recorder has a feature of long play, then continue with a 3hrs tape that will give 6hrs of recording. If not you can buy another recorder with long play feature,its a cheeper solution as compared to the DVR.