Why would someone come in to a video surveillance showroom, and steal a wireless nanny camera?

Why would you look at the 32" TV screen on display showing an 8 slot multiview, and not realize that there are cameras, and hidden cameras?

Why would you stand in front of a 220X zoom camera while looking at products on display, while it is is zoomed in about the 50mm setting?

When stealing a nanny cam, why would you leave the power cord behind? What? Are you afraid that this might "give you away"?

Why would you assume that I am an honest business man, and not call the police to report a cheesy nanny cam stolen, and some very expensive DVRS? Oh yes! I think some PTZ were taken too! Am I up to felony grand theft yet?

OK! You were smart enough to pay cash for your products that you did purchase!

Sounds like some footage good enough to show on America's Dumbest Criminals show !

Stealing from a surveilance store has got to rank as a pretty highly stupid thing to do....

I am laughing so hard I can't dial the phone to call the police!

If he needed it that badly he could have just asked!

Would this make it a criminal trying to catch a criminal?

I hope he catches his "crook".

In all honesty I thought it was a set up from one of my friends! I called around, and said funny! Ha! Ha! Sofar everyone has said that they wished that they had thought of that kind of prank to begin with!

For sale:

Used 9 volt power adapter. 300ma. Three years old.

No box. No wire tie. No bubble wrap. No warranty. No documentation.

Best offer! Trades negotiable.

Buyer pays shipping, inner shipping box, bubble wrap, outer shipping box, and styro popcorn.

LOL!

Nice.

The best part is if he is caught "I didn't do it", "it wasn't me", "no, thats not me on camera" is all he'll say. I love those statements when I arrest someone...

I have a question for you UMDRanger:

I want to stock items in the showroom for small "mom and pop" businesses. What do you recommend that I stock to help with loss prevention. I would not want to carry the expensive devices, and RFID tags.

For the nightclub/bar business I carry metal detectors, video surveillance (like I really had to list V.S), and other items.

I do have a motion detector that can be placed near a door so a shop owner can "hear" someone coming in. When the door is locked, then they can set the motion to Alarm. This is a cheap self contained device, and it does not "call out to monitoring stations". I carry metal pins so that you can drill holes in windows to secure them. They are great for sliding glass doors as well. I have a door stop alarm. You can open a door six inches, and place the door stop under it. Should someone come through the door the alarm goes off. This will allow you to open up for the breeze in the fall, and spring here in Florida. You can open the door all the way, and with the alarm off, you can prop it open.

I have driveway alerts, and I have a barking dog. If you knock on the door it starts barking its head off. I like this. It will actually make someone think twice to break in. Not because you think it is a dog, but because of the noise it makes. We also have pepper spray, and stun guns, and stun flashlights.

We have some employers that bought our drug test kits, and lie detectors, and they place them on the table, after they put in ad for people to show up at a time, and date for apps, and interviews. It is amazing how accurate people fill out their applications. It is amazing how many people reach for a blank app, then just walk out!

Any inexpensive loss prevention devices that I am not thinking of?

Since EAS has a large cost to start up (as you know), and then the repeated application of the tags, and the ease of removing them... how about something to secure the items physically?

1. Most retailers use plastic wrapped metal cables to secure LCD tvs to the shelves. Make them long enough where the customer can handle the small products. Just need to find a way to secure them to the item's case without damaging it.

2. Some retailers have an alarming cable system. My camera bar works by having a small switch that is on a stick of sorts. The stick is mounted by tamper screw into the tripod screw hole on cameras. When flush, the switch is depressed by the camera. There is a small (24/2ish) wire that goes from the swtich/stick to the alarm box under the shelf. When someone rips the stick off, the switch is no longer closed, and alarm goes off. Same thing when the cable is cut, alarm goes off.

The benefit of these systems is that you can use live display products, let customers have easy access to them and use them, yet you will know if theft is attempted or occuring.

I can throw ya more suggestions when I get home in a few days...

Hey Scorpion, looks like your bandits struck again!!! MORONS, hope they get caught. http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?g=78522fc9-25f5-4f5e-a868-b5c6bf12f95b&t=s3&f=06/64&p=hotvideo_m_edpicks&fg=&gt1=10150

LOL .. now they dumb .. they had a guy here steal from a truck right in the alarm companies car park one day .. he walked up to the camera, I mean he was just right in front of it .. face clear as day, actually was still daylight .. though they havent caught him yet I dont think ..

BAAAAAAAA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

It looks like Eminem has finally hit rock bottom! Well, it looked like Eminem!

This is not the first time they have smashed, and grabbed.

Of all of the things to grab, they grabbed open items rather than boxed items. I bet the store owner will see them on old footage pretending to be buyers, and asking questions. Once they learned what they wanted, or needed they then came back and, stole what they needed. They would have grabbed boxed items if they were going to sell it or Ebei it.

How about a smudged photo copy of the Doc?

Lets see $20 inner box, $20 outer box, $20 Bubble Wrap, Newspaper Free,

Knowing that package carrier is going to smash your box to death...

Priceless!!