qman

ISC WEST SHOW 2005

Ok fellows, would anyone who attended the ISC WEST show please post here what they saw, and what's new coming out, including companies that are unknown to the rest of us.

Dealers and Distributors, please post prices on dealer section only.

I saw some good VGA baluns at Muxlabs. You can run cat 5 shielded cable to remote LCD monitor locations and use a balun at either end.

For longer runs, or runs with more than one monitor, I use a VGA multiplier to stabilize the signal.

Check out MuxLabs

- Kris

I also saw in person the ACTi cameras, and they seem pretty good. I saw many people post on their product, so I got to see them in person without having to order ayn demo units. I do like the IP cameras they offer.

Tatung also had a 19" rack mount monitor that comes with a touchscreen driver for use with any server. (so they say) It looked pretty cool, I am going to order one to mess around with.

- Kris

Couple more I just remembered. One was a wireless telephone entry system by elite access. We dont do many telephone entry systems but a wireless system would be great in my opinion if it works. The model number was EWC485 i think. I also remember seeing some cool megapixel cameras by a company named arecont vision. I plan on ordering a demo unit for evaluation.

megapixelvideo.com

eliteaccess.com

- Kris

Didn't get a chance to get around and see much. I was to busy working the show. Did anyone see the Future Smart stuff from Honeywell. Smart home stuff. We ended up picking up that line. I will be the rep for it starting next week, in my territory.

1 other thing. The rest of the guys for my company rep Digimerge also. It is a great DVR for the price. They have just come out with a 4 channel dvr with a quad on the front. It's about a 3x4 screen on the front. It folds down if you want to remove the hard drive. Unbelievable price.

Has anyone got a chance to try the new 2.0 megapixel day/night camera from IPIX yet? The specs looks pretty good. I didnt have a chance to see it at the show.

Has anyone got a chance to try the new 2.0 megapixel day/night camera from IPIX yet? The specs looks pretty good. I didnt have a chance to see it at the show.

Yep...

Its pretty much the same as CommandView Dome, only they changed some settings around, replaced the lens and added IR support. But the specs are the same (exept for IR part and low-light)

I dont have any demos yet thou... working on it. You can download a demo from our website to see it in action.

I know this is an old thread but my supervisor and I will be attending the ISC West show this year in Vegas. I hope to see some interesting things. Has anyone seen the 360 degree Digital PTZ yet?