View unanswered posts | View active topics

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: ISC West Vegas March 2012 Who's Going?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:41 am 
Integrator

I'm currently at the state of the industry presentation. I'll be out there after the show. First stop will be Avigilon this morning.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:22 am 
Integrator

3RDIGLBL wrote:
I'm currently at the state of the industry presentation. I'll be out there after the show. First stop will be Avigilon this morning.

I am so proud of you :D

ICT ProtegeGX Certified

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:18 pm 
Integrator

Excellent show!!

Sitting here at the airport, disappointed that I had to take my jacket out since the temps are currently in the 20's back home.

Paid $33 per night at the Riviera and it was close enough to walk to everything. The hotel rate at least helps to make up for the crazy airline ticket price PLUS $25 baggage fee. :evil:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:53 am 
Integrator

Had a lot of fun meeting everyone..... Avigilon throws a hell of a party 8)

ICT ProtegeGX Certified

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:49 pm 

My brother and I just flew back into So. Cal yesterday from the show. The free food and open bars this year were all over the place. Was a good show, found some new lines and products to fill some niches in our arsenal.

Saw that razberi product at a booth with many other products. Seems like a nice product for small IP jobs, which I am starting to get into.
http://www.razberi.net/products/recorders/raz-m4/ Razberi has basic free software that will run on the NVR.

However it seems that onssi wants me to use their software ocularis http://www.onssi.com/products/ocularis-overview and then so does exaqt https://www.exacq.com/products/EL_series_IP_servers.htmlwhich wants me to buy their hardware and software too.

The software between the bunch seems to do stuff only seen in the movies. I wonder what the most cost effective software is for small 4 - 16 camera jobs would be? Customers want Ipad/phone/ android playback and stream to all browsers.

What's up with the "Dahua" style DVR's, I saw units from other companies in the main area and the China/Korea town area that has the exact same "PSS" software and functionality. Are these companies copying the stuff legally? Seems odd when I asked questions and they gave me a blank look. One guy said his would run on all browsers, and showed me the setting for RSTP port or something to that effect. Would this work for Dahua? using safari, chrome, firefox, ie etc.

Saw these enclosures from Moog/Videolarm http://www.videolarm.com/product/camera-enclosures-ptz-fixed/fusion-camera-housing/ awesome cooling and enclosures for any camera that will withstand the elements.

Still looking for an "eyeball" style camera which has a video test port and OSD without taking the camera down. I guess this could do the trick from ATV http://www.atvideo.com/products/tc2812w-tc0650w but still would like to have a little room behind for connections if mounting it to a concrete wall with no "wall bracket" which looks ugly.

Too bad it's over, I'm like a kid in a candy store....that's why my wife will not go. I could talk shop for hours and hours, usually I'm just out in the field supervising guys and installing/programming and don't talk to anyone. It's good to be able to talk to people about your passion and they actually know what your talking about. :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:21 pm 
Integrator

Thanks to my gimpy ankle, I did not get to see everything. I did like the show and I fully intend to return next year. The one thing I was just flabergasted by was the gigapixel setup that IpConfigure was putting out. I can think of several uses for that thing. If you did not have a chance to see their demo, you missed out on something truly amazing.

They were using this camera from Lumenera and a full on DSLR lens somewhere between 100 and 400mm focal length. They use their software and are constantlystitching together a bunch of images to build a new panorama every minute or so: http://www.lumenera.com/resources/docum ... asheet.pdf

HID pivClass Certified
Axis Certified
Fortress Technologies Certified
Mobotix Certified
DAQ Certified
Galaxy Certified

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:41 pm 
Dealer

ssnapier wrote:
Thanks to my gimpy ankle, I did not get to see everything. I did like the show and I fully intend to return next year. The one thing I was just flabergasted by was the gigapixel setup that IpConfigure was putting out. I can think of several uses for that thing. If you did not have a chance to see their demo, you missed out on something truly amazing.

They were using this camera from Lumenera and a full on DSLR lens somewhere between 100 and 400mm focal length. They use their software and are constantlystitching together a bunch of images to build a new panorama every minute or so: http://www.lumenera.com/resources/docum ... asheet.pdf

Yep, their demo is impressive
but I was thinking
for what they want in hundreds of thousands $$
you might as well buy few 16 or 29 MP from Avigilon and get kinda
the same in real time

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:20 pm 
Integrator

Agreed it is a impressive demo but I think it has limited applications and real time monitoring is not one of them.

$100K per camera

Side note I am thinking of picking up the Gigapan head for my 7d. Only $900

http://gigapan.org/cms/shop/store

ICT ProtegeGX Certified

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:12 pm 
Integrator

I thought he told me it was 85K for the whole package... maybe I missed a "1" in that figure.

HID pivClass Certified
Axis Certified
Mobotix Certified
DAQ Certified
Galaxy Certified

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:27 pm 
Integrator

Yes it is $100K per camera.

ICT ProtegeGX Certified

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:36 am 

Yeah but that replaces 10 billion analog cameras so it pays for itself.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:38 am 
Integrator

SEANHAWG wrote:
Yeah but that replaces 10 billion analog cameras so it pays for itself.

Sean you should have let us know where you where at in Vegas..... Everyone hung out but you :(

ICT ProtegeGX Certified

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:04 am 

I was a real bore this year, pretty much went to the show, ate, came back to my crappy hotel and worked for a little bit and went to bed. And was reeling from a sinus infection and felt like general crap (insert debbie downer face here)

Will hit you up next near now that I know what to expect.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:53 am 
Integrator

:( :(

I never got to meet anyone... next year will be a different story.

HID pivClass Certified
Axis Certified
Mobotix Certified
DAQ Certified
Galaxy Certified

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:57 am 

I didn't do any major events this year either. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday nights was generally customer dinners and business meetings. I think I was back to my hotel by 1AM easy those nights.

Thursday I threw together a last-minute thing at Tao just because I didn't want to leave without having had a little fun. We closed the place down, including an appearance by Coolio at about 2:30 AM in the back room where I had a table.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next