Who's going to attend ISC West this year? What do you think is going to be the hype? Anybody looking forward to find something unique?

We'll be going for a few days this year. Not sure I'm looking for anything in particular but I always find something new....

I am hoping to be there. Not looking for anything specific, just want to see the various products and demos.

hype......

- facial and license plate recongnition.....cpu advances have blown the doors down on how much n fast. computers that think, compare, and decide will become affordable & common.

- computer based DVR's will be handling multiple camera's at higher resolutions with ease.....the Company that can spin up the software to do more will do well.

- oh, and Rory being cast in Donald Trumps "Apprentice".

- later this year..... a line up of standalone DVR's will flood the market backed by the new C2D's and new video codec that abuses that power

I will be flying out tuesday and will be coming back on friday. Anybody going to any of the conferences?

I will be there Tuesday through Thursday but not really for the conference though. Going with some friends that are not interested in CCTV.

I may swing through - if I am not too drunk- I'll be the guy handing out CCTV Forum ink pens to anyone who will take one.

I would like to hear from anyone who goes to the actual conferences I would but they seem pretty pricey to me by the time I pay for flight hotel etc I hate to spend another 400-500 bucks for info that I hope the vendors provide for free.

I would like to hear from anyone who goes to the actual conferences I would but they seem pretty pricey to me by the time I pay for flight hotel etc I hate to spend another 400-500 bucks for info that I hope the vendors provide for free.

Unfortunately, I've found that many, if not most of the conferences are just you-pay-for-it advertising for the manufacturer putting on the class/conference.

And most are only an hour long. You can't learn much in an hour when over 1/2 of it is spent listening to a sales spiel.

Just my opinion.

Just got home from Las Vegas this evening. 8 hour drive for me(at 80mph average ). Only went to the show yesterday (Wednesday). Thanks for the free beer Intellicam!! Stayed at the Stratosphere ,where someone swiped the battery out of my laptop while my bags were going from the valet to my room. Did see the new Avermedia DVR's, and the facial recognition company. Lots to see in just one day. Best show was David Copperfield on Monday night at the MGM. If anyone ever gets a chance to see him , you won't be disappointed.

Went to show Wed and Thurs came home Fri. Getting Old!

Some impressions

Liked the look of some smaller PTZs

A lot of displays using LCD monitors had really crappy video.

Apparently I cannot live without IP cameras.

Should have booth numbers displayed even with the guide did not find a vendor I wanted to talk to.

Lots of people.

Liked the way the International was put on ground floor so if you were a distrubtior or direct importer you could talk to those people.

Seemed to be fewer standalone DVRs this year or maybe that was just my impression.

Got answers to my questions from two of my vendors that made whole trip worthwhile. (Geo and Keyscan)

Got some good freebes and will try and go next year.

Commerical airline travel

i had a good time. Besides breaking my foot the first day.

i liked the the playboy bunnies.

p.s thanks ryan for picking up my pictures. my wife will love that

Commercial air travel sucks., Especially on the way back we went through a funnel cloud.

oh ya the crazy horse show at the mgm grand was excellent.