imcclendon

ISC East 2007 Sept 11-12

staying at the Newyorker, gotta suite!!! Meeting along time buddy I was in the MC with there also. He jsut started his own cctv biz in colorado..

We just returned from ISC East in NYC, it was a great show and certainly met our expectations. We had a great line up of products and the assisting public responded very favorably to our Alcatraz DVRs and Cameras.

The only part that really got to me was the cost associated with the participation (I am not talking about the rental of the booth) of this show. It seems that every single step has been arranged in such a way that the organizers will charge you abusive fees for some pretty ridiculous things. Things such as transportation to and out of the show, booth set up and upkeep, etc are so overpriced that I would not hesitate to say that they inhibit participation and would eventually bring the show down. You can't even breathe without paying the union for it.

Anyone whith experience in the topic? We are preparing to exhibit in ISC West and would like to keep a lid on the expenses. I am aware that this is not cheap, but I don't think is too much to ask for Reed and Freeman (Organizers and logostics) to keep it reasonable.

Thanks