forbus

Audio problem over internet

Ok guys, here is another super weird problem from AverMedia this time from an NV5000. I connected the 4 channel audio card to the NV5000. The audio is super fine locally. However, when you connect to it over the network all you hear is this super high hissing sound like a broken radio. I have changed the H.264 compression to MPEG4 and it is still the same. The hissing sound comes when I connect with my Windows Mobile phone as, well. Again, locally it is totally fine. Here are the specs:

Dell Vostro 230

Intel E5700 CPU (3.0 GHz)

2GB DDR3 1333 Ram

250GB HDD with 2 partitions

Onboard Intel GMA X4500

Windows 7 Pro. 32-bit

AverMedia NV5000

Audio Extension Card

Lourue Microphone

An update: The problem happens locally, as well. But not all the time. It maybe OK for hours and go totally distorted for several minutes. Yet, over the webviewer or my PDAviewer the audio is always distorted. Like a broken radio...

try enabling audio on the channels. I had a ssue with audio on a Aver and I could not figure it out so I started enabling audio on channels without mics and got the noise out. Noise I had over the network was a rumbling type. Might work?

also, if it is a IP network cam, try throttling the camera max rates down and then test the audio. I had chhoppy audio with a few IP network cams and I had to throttle the video down for the audio to clear up. Network was running fine and had lots of room to grow so it was not a issue.

I actually just talked to AverMedia today. The rep told me that they are aware of the problem and that it will be fixed with the nex version (no time for it though). In the meantime I will roll back the version and see what happens.

good luck "with the next version".........Aver has been slow to react to the Win7 issues and that is a huge statement for me out here. Obviously they can't figure it out and that good ole promise is a year old now

I certainly agree with you. It's just that I can't develop a software myself so, I "have to" wait for them. God give me the patience