cooky

Does FaceFinder really work?

Hello,

I'm using a NV3000 with 4 cameras at my home, the front porch is covered with a Vision VDA110HQ dome camera (see the attached image).

I want to identify people as they walk up to the front door (I'm not interested in people walking allong the public footpath).

I have enabled the FaceFinder option, and set it to maximum sensitivity, but it doesn't detect any faces! Is FaceFinder just a gimick or should it actually detect and record peoples faces as they approach the front door? Does anyone use this feature?

Regards,

Cooky

1333525752_samplefrontporch.jpg.0157395979cf8261098366830cb78d99.jpg

I have enabled the FaceFinder option, and set it to maximum sensitivity, but it doesn't detect any faces! Is FaceFinder just a gimick or should it actually detect and record peoples faces as they approach the front door? Does anyone use this feature

hi. it take a little bit more setup than just pressing the facefinder button. once in face settings you also need to pick camera and also use your mouse and draw a squire with your mouse in the area to pick up the face.

facefinder does not record .... your dvr does that ... facefinder logs faces and stores in a file.

The face finder needs a specific camera that is only focused to the face are. It really needs an upclose picture of the face. sometimes objects that may look like a face (to the computer) are captured as face, as well. The person has to look pretty much straight to the camera. I have used it but I think it is way too early to rely on this.