lovebohn

Email Alert with no Image

I just updated to the latest version of the DVR software and had my three cameras setup to send an email out when a motion alarm went off. They would send 3 frames of the largest format prior to this update. It worked fine for 2 years. After the update I saw I had a new option of original size and tried that and now it won't send an image. I put it back to the prior setting with no luck. I have also tried setting up a new setting with no luck. The email comes fine but I have no image to look at. Any ideas???

BTW this is with an NV5000 card with three analog cameras.

Edited by Guest

hi. which aver do you have. with doing a software change you will need to setup alarms again. also which ports have you used.

I have the NV5000 card with 3 cameras running. I backed up all of my settings and then imported them back in with no problems. I have even tried to enter new alarms in with no luck. This morning I did have a few images from 2 of the 3 camera, but my main front door one still will not show an image on the email. The email messages all come to me fine so I don't think it's a port issue. I think I have port 25 for all of them and this is used with my local ISP email, not gmail or some other type.

I backed up all of my settings and then imported them back in with no problems.

hi. not a good idea. you are reloading old software back onto new.

if you have used 7.7.0.0125 you will see your display is not the same as the old NV5000

doing import and export is fine if with the same software or making identical units. but should not be used from old to new software.

i would uninstall everything from your PC and run 7.7.0.0125

No real luck with the reinstall and not importing the old settings. I was starting to get some images before the reinstall, but still not from camera one. I even switched the inputs around on the card with no luck, cameras seem fine. I wonder if it just pays to go back to my old version from the CD. Any ideas?

BTW right now after messing with it for a few hours after the fresh install I get no images on the emails from all three cameras. I can watch them and look at the old recordings, which I have in the smart setting doing MPG3.

Hi. going from old to new will also need you to reset some settings. 1st alarms then 2nd you need to go into camera settings (under camera recording) and reset your motion

Hi. going from old to new will also need you to reset some settings. 1st alarms then 2nd you need to go into camera settings (under camera recording) and reset your motion

But even before I do that shouldn't hitting the test account button send out an image and show me if it's working or not. This morning I swapped my camera 1 to the camera 4 input. I will see how this pans out during the coarse of today.

Would I be better off using the change or missing alarm rather than motion? All I'm really looking for is if a car pulls up or someone or creature would be walking around my house?

I did add this feature for the one camera we had problems with and it seemed to have worked the one time this morning, but the motion one did not send an email.

I was getting some blank emails and some random emails that did work on Friday with using input 4 rather than input 1 on the card. Over the weekend i switched it back and setup a new email notification for the input 1 again with no luck even today. I still get the email just no image attached. The two other cameras work fine via email and I can see all three on the DVR program so it's not like the card is messed up. This is odd.

Dave

Maybe that channel is sending pre alarm image to your email, meaning it's sending the image recorded seconds

before the actual detection?

No solution. I had to reinstall a few times and went back with a version older than the most current. If seemed to work after letting it be for a day or so. No idea why it happened and how it now works. I still get a ton of emails due to the shade or sun even after messing with the sensitivity.

Is version 7.7.0.0127 the latest for the NV5000 cards? After a year I got the bug to update the software to the latest. I never did find out why I had such a problem with these email alerts.

Dave