Server upgrade postponed



View unanswered posts | View active topics


Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
  
 Post subject: Problems configuring my AVer EH1116H DVR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:49 am 
Registered User

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 2

Offline
Heya all! I've been installing these DVR: http://surveillance.aver.com/product/embedded-hybrid-DVR-EH1116H-4-Nano-series for my restaurant that is in a mall.

The thing is that I can't watch my DVR outside of the restaurant. I know that I have to open the ports (I've already installed one of these before) and all that stuff, the only problem is that the mall have some internet restrictions, and they assign an IP for every local on the mall and I cant figure out how to set the network configuration for static IP, since I have a router and it shows an IP, but when Im trying to configure the DNS it shows another IP. I spoke to the IT members of the mall and they told me that I have to create a VPN connection before trying to connect to my DVR, I already create the VPN on my computer but still, cant watch the cameras. I set the network configuration of my DVR to Static IP adress which I reserved on my router, but I dont know if I must set the network configuration to PPPoE, since the internet provider doesnt work with dynamic IP's.

Thanks a lot for your help guys!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

  
 Post subject: Re: Problems configuring my AVer EH1116H DVR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:29 pm 
User avatar
Registered User

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 430

Offline
Quote:
the only problem is that the mall have some internet restrictions, and they assign an IP for every local on the mall

Hmm, this has me confused. Does the mall provide Internet access for every tenant?

Quote:
I have a router and it shows an IP, but when Im trying to configure the DNS it shows another IP.

That's OK. The WAN IP address of the router does not have to be the same as the DNS. However, I have a question. Is the WAN IP address of the router within the private IP address space: 10.x.x.x or 172.16.x.x – 172.31..x.x or 192.168.x.x?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

  
 Post subject: Re: Problems configuring my AVer EH1116H DVR
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:29 am 
Registered User

Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 9

Offline
Try to update your dvr with latest firmware version first.


fredsk wrote:
Heya all! I've been installing these DVR: http://surveillance.aver.com/product/embedded-hybrid-DVR-EH1116H-4-Nano-series for my restaurant that is in a mall.

The thing is that I can't watch my DVR outside of the restaurant. I know that I have to open the ports (I've already installed one of these before) and all that stuff, the only problem is that the mall have some internet restrictions, and they assign an IP for every local on the mall and I cant figure out how to set the network configuration for static IP, since I have a router and it shows an IP, but when Im trying to configure the DNS it shows another IP. I spoke to the IT members of the mall and they told me that I have to create a VPN connection before trying to connect to my DVR, I already create the VPN on my computer but still, cant watch the cameras. I set the network configuration of my DVR to Static IP adress which I reserved on my router, but I dont know if I must set the network configuration to PPPoE, since the internet provider doesnt work with dynamic IP's.

Thanks a lot for your help guys!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:10 am

The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2003-2016 CCTVForum.com. All Rights Reserved.