Sign in to follow this  
fredsk

Problems configuring my AVer EH1116H DVR

Heya all! I've been installing these DVR: http://surveillance.aver.com/product/embedded-hybrid-DVR-EH1116H-4-Nano-series for my restaurant that is in a mall.

The thing is that I can't watch my DVR outside of the restaurant. I know that I have to open the ports (I've already installed one of these before) and all that stuff, the only problem is that the mall have some internet restrictions, and they assign an IP for every local on the mall and I cant figure out how to set the network configuration for static IP, since I have a router and it shows an IP, but when Im trying to configure the DNS it shows another IP. I spoke to the IT members of the mall and they told me that I have to create a VPN connection before trying to connect to my DVR, I already create the VPN on my computer but still, cant watch the cameras. I set the network configuration of my DVR to Static IP adress which I reserved on my router, but I dont know if I must set the network configuration to PPPoE, since the internet provider doesnt work with dynamic IP's.

Thanks a lot for your help guys!

the only problem is that the mall have some internet restrictions, and they assign an IP for every local on the mall

Hmm, this has me confused. Does the mall provide Internet access for every tenant?

I have a router and it shows an IP, but when Im trying to configure the DNS it shows another IP.

That's OK. The WAN IP address of the router does not have to be the same as the DNS. However, I have a question. Is the WAN IP address of the router within the private IP address space: 10.x.x.x or 172.16.x.x – 172.31..x.x or 192.168.x.x?

Try to update your dvr with latest firmware version first.

Heya all! I've been installing these DVR: http://surveillance.aver.com/product/embedded-hybrid-DVR-EH1116H-4-Nano-series for my restaurant that is in a mall.

The thing is that I can't watch my DVR outside of the restaurant. I know that I have to open the ports (I've already installed one of these before) and all that stuff, the only problem is that the mall have some internet restrictions, and they assign an IP for every local on the mall and I cant figure out how to set the network configuration for static IP, since I have a router and it shows an IP, but when Im trying to configure the DNS it shows another IP. I spoke to the IT members of the mall and they told me that I have to create a VPN connection before trying to connect to my DVR, I already create the VPN on my computer but still, cant watch the cameras. I set the network configuration of my DVR to Static IP adress which I reserved on my router, but I dont know if I must set the network configuration to PPPoE, since the internet provider doesnt work with dynamic IP's.

Thanks a lot for your help guys!