destro_23

Anyone have Dahua cameras working with NV5000?

I have a Dahua HFW2100 720p mini-bullet working with an NV6240, which so far has used the same camera setups as the NV5000 I replaced. It took a little fiddling to get it working, as they don't have Dahua support by brand name, but it's doing fine now.

I don't have the connect string in front of me, but will post it later.

Here are the settings that worked for me:

Protocol: RTSP_RTP

Model: TCP (UDP caused video dropouts)

Video Format: Auto

Channel: 1

IP Camera Site: rtsp://ip-address/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0, port 554

Authentication - checked, ID and password entered

The recordings look pretty much as good as the camera - very good in the daytime, decent at night. I've been getting some network errors on it, but that may be related to other network problems; my Blue Iris connections to this one are solid with no errors.

ETA: I was getting a 4 second video loss every 90 seconds with the model set as TCP. Changing it to UDP has gotten rid of that problem.

The software's not really mature, and it's not as reliable or tweakable as my Vivoteks, but it's pretty durn good for the money. I've got some screen grabs where I had it mounted next to one of my Vivoteks, and will try to post them over the next few days.

I've actually been using the ONVIF driver with my Dahua IPC-HDB3200C. This is with a NV5000 and NV6480 cards. Attached is a sample. Not the sharpest 2mp you will fine, but for the price, you can't beat it.

sample.thumb.jpg.bc125f73eb0a3d436d44dd713e515b4a.jpg

This is a 2mp dome camera, and I think the lens is fixed focus lens. It does look a little soft, but I always say it looks like a 1mp resolution at the price of an analog camera, so you can't go wrong on the price sensitive jobs. Attached is a another sample from a different room... same 2mp dome camera.

The settings I used are:

Aver NV6480 version 7.9.0.0024 and IPcam version 7.0.0.113

ONVIF driver, with the below typed into the "IP Camera Site", NOT the "URL". Leave that blank.

http://192.168.1.100:80/onvif/device_service (obviously use your IP address)

Note: i have port 80 in there. Also put port 80 into the port box after the above string.

The camera itself, I have at

H.264 1080P FPS:7, Bitrate: 4096, I frame 7

Auto detect of camera does not work in Aver.

I'm not sure if you are using the same Dahua camera. This is the mini 2mp dome.

sample.thumb.jpg.3a582f4dd3c1906f2c169410d2dd3e42.jpg

Thanks, that gives me something to work from. I'll update if I get it going over the weekend.

Some folks have found the Dahua domes soften the image a good bit, especially near the edges. You might want to try taking the dome off to see if it makes the image crisper.

Now trying to get this camera to work with a 1008H mini unit...

anyone sucessfully get this to work?

i have the onvif and RTSP in my dropdown options.. and have tried every variation i can think of.

thanks for any help

UPDATE

Got it working with Max's RTSP settings... so RTSP and the Aver Nano 1008H are working... but it seems like aver is squeezing the picture.... anyway to stop this?

This is a 2mp dome camera, and I think the lens is fixed focus lens. It does look a little soft, but I always say it looks like a 1mp resolution at the price of an analog camera, so you can't go wrong on the price sensitive jobs. Attached is a another sample from a different room... same 2mp dome camera.

The settings I used are:

Aver NV6480 version 7.9.0.0024 and IPcam version 7.0.0.113

ONVIF driver, with the below typed into the "IP Camera Site", NOT the "URL". Leave that blank.

http://192.168.1.100:80/onvif/device_service (obviously use your IP address)

Note: i have port 80 in there. Also put port 80 into the port box after the above string.

The camera itself, I have at

H.264 1080P FPS:7, Bitrate: 4096, I frame 7

Auto detect of camera does not work in Aver.

I'm not sure if you are using the same Dahua camera. This is the mini 2mp dome.

Thank you so much for sharing this information.

Ive had this 1.3 MP camera sitting here and could not get it to work. It does work with the information provided!.. Thank you!

I know this is an old thread, but if you're talking about the 2mp mini dome, it can be sharpened by turning the lens clockwise a smidge at a time.