FarmerCharlie

Can't Get Remote Console working

I have an nv6240E8 on a Windows7 computer and am trying to access it with the remote DVR on another Windows computer on the same Cisco Cisco Linksys N600 router. I had the remote console working on a previous Windows XP computer, but can't get it going after installing the new computer. I can ping the computer OK, and can access it's hard drives from the second computer with no problems.

I downloaded the remote console yesterday from the AverMedia site. It's screens seem quite different from the old version I had been using. In the setup I noticed that the network setting dialog box seems to cover an area that has "Language" in the background (see SetupScreen.jpg). And when I select Network, the authorization box looks a little strange (See RemoteLoginAuthorization.jpg). And when I try to login, the connection fails with the error "Connection Server Failed."

All these screens are new to me compared to the previous RemoteConsole program I had been using for several years.

I would appreciate any ideas on just what might be the problem. I have already tried uninstalling and then re-installing the remote software.

Thanks,

Charles

SetupScreen.jpg.b4b1e3518710cf3b6cf83ba4caa04674.jpg

RemoteLoginAuthorization.jpg.5c1036e5afe93b78de6b48e71d1d04b1.jpg

RemoteLoginError.jpg.dc6bf859c7a2288d422ab127d45b98f9.jpg

I just tried this, and realized I hadn't connected remotely on this PC since changing NV PCs when I switched from an NV5000 to an NV6240-16 and updating to 7.9.0.0029 software. It didn't work (probably user error, since I don't use this much), so I uninstalled and re-installed, then figured out what I was doing wrong. It gave me various file access errors when I tried a re-install over the existing uninstall.

On mine, I don't see the weird window issues you show, and it connects fine when I set up the IP/port and click Network. I also selected autologin, and that works fine too.

Your System Setting window seems to have dropped some periods in the IP address - dunno if that's the screen cap, or real, but that could cause it. You can double-check that by looking in the \Program Files (x86)\remoteAP\DVR00.INI file, [Network] section, and checking that the IP address and other settings are correct there.

My first Aver NV install had trouble due to the video driver, and updating it fixed everything up, so that may be worth a try, given the screen problems.

hi. it all depends how old your firmware is on your unit ........ also it is always best to load remote viewer direct from unit and not from the internet.

if you load webviewer first (click run as administrator ) in I.E, then from webviewer you can load remote viewer from icons on the right...... this will be the right remote. or it will auto reset the one you have loaded

IF this does not work let me know and ill send you a code that will install it.

213499_1.jpg

Your System Setting window seems to have dropped some periods in the IP address - dunno if that's the screen cap, or real, but that could cause it. You can double-check that by looking in the \Program Files (x86)\remoteAP\DVR00.INI file, [Network] section, and checking that the IP address and other settings are correct there.

The periods were actually missing. I redid the setup to correct them, but it still is doing the same thing. Then I looked for the DVR00.ini file. I can't find a file by that name in the remoteAP folder or anywhere else on the remote computer. Should it get created by the setup program?

The periods were actually missing. I redid the setup to correct them, but it still is doing the same thing. Then I looked for the DVR00.ini file. I can't find a file by that name in the remoteAP folder or anywhere else on the remote computer. Should it get created by the setup program?

I may be wrong on that one (I'm no expert on this software - Tom's the guy for that), but it was in my folder, with the current IP address listed inside, but with some older labels from my previous PC as well. The file date was current, though, and I had deleted the entire folder when I re-installed. There was also a text file with the same info, but I don't remember the name off hand.