pochrist

Odd problem with NV5000 and monitor resolution

I have a system that's been running for 2 years fine (until I mistakenly left the firewall off and it was hacked to run a game server in Albania) Long story short I had to format the drive and start from scratch (I did backup my DVR software settings before doing so).

I had a bad experience the last time I tried to use Win 7, so I have a few copies of Win 8 pro I got real cheap and threw that on there) I downloaded the latest and presumably last version of the Software & driver for the NV5000 will ever get 7.700.23

I got it working running on my test bench connected to an old Viewsonic 19 lcd monitor, shut it down and put it back where I run it from normally (a bedroom closet connected to a Sony 42 in. TV) Turn it on and used the TV to verify it was working.... it hangs when trying to start the DVR software and then reboots. I tried for hours to get it working and finally blamed Win 8 Pro and went to back to XP Pro.

So I plugged it back in the closet and I got a message the on the TV "Screen resolution needed to be set at 1920x1080, 1280x1024, 1280x720, 1024x768" I'd seen the message before (2 years ago) and set it to 1024x768 (as I use the VGA connection on the TV)

Same story... worked fine on my test bench but hangs on DVR system start and reboots when connected to my TV. Tried remotely logging in from another PC and it still does the same thing. Finally I pulled it, brought it back down to the test bench and continued to have problems until I set the Monitor reslouton to 1400 x 900 (the native resolution of the old Viewsonic 19 lcd monitor) and it starts up fine. I tried to re-deploy the system and leave it disconnected from the TV, but even if I remote into the computer it changes the screen resolution and the crap starts all over again.

I'm considering going back to an older version of the DVR software that is was running before, but I shouldn't have too.... Anybody have any Ideas that would "fix" this weird problem (buying another DVR card for $700-$800 doesn't apply here)

Thanks

1024 x 768 was what I always used on the tv being to the the VGA port the TV Doesn't see the Native resolution of the Viewsonic Wide screen (1440 x 900) as valid.

However I have reverted back to an older version of the software & Drivers and it works again as it should.

Since I have owned this card I have had to "jump through more hoops" to get it work stable or at all.... my next card will not be an Aver, I need something that is more flexible and consistent.

1024 x 768 was what I always used on the tv being to the the VGA port the TV Doesn't see the Native resolution of the Viewsonic Wide screen (1440 x 900) as valid.

However I have reverted back to an older version of the software & Drivers and it works again as it should.

Since I have owned this card I have had to "jump through more hoops" to get it work stable or at all.... my next card will not be an Aver, I need something that is more flexible and consistent.

hi. are you using a graphics card ???

on old software control and L takes you into settings on new software setup screen click MIS and again you will see screen settings.