lovebohn

NV7000H

I picked up a NOS NV7000H....I think. There are no markings on the board, but looking at images on the net I'm pretty sure that is what this is. My system currently have a NV5000 running, can I just power down and swap out the two cards? Could I run both at the same time? The reason for the cheap purchase is that I did buy my first IP camera and I might put another analog one in the system which puts me at 5 and my card is only a 4 channel. This NV7000 should be a 8 channel with all of the compression done with the card and not the PC. Thanks for the help.

Dave

When I switched from an NV5000 to an NV6240-16, I re-installed the software, but I'm not sure I needed to. Later, I swapped in an NV6480, which is a nearly identical card, and it installed new drivers for the card, but everything else stayed the same.

The NV7000 is different enough that I'd re-install, just to keep things smooth.

Even though it's hard to find the NVD4VIEXT expansion adapter, you can add extra cams to the NV5000 by installing a jumper on the header for the expansion card, then connecting an analog cam to one of the extra 4 channels.

You can wire up your own pretty easily. The header for the card is 10 pins; 2 pins at one end enable the extra 4 channels with a jumper, and the other 4 pairs are signal and ground for the 4 channels.

I forget which end is the enable, but it's easy enough to tell by looking at the card - 4 pairs have resistors and such for the cameras, the last one is just an open pin and a ground pin. Once you put a jumper on the right pins, restarting the Aver software should enable the next 4 channels (which are analog only, not IP).

You can then connect via standard 2 pin with BNC connectors at the other end. The main thing missing is the slot bracket that anchors the BNCs, but you could always make a bracket interface using, say, a DB9 connector.

I uninstalled the software last night and had a hard time getting the PC to reboot and the software to open. It seems like I had to remove the card after powering down, restart with the card out, shut down, install the card, reboot and try opening the software. It ended up getting to late and i gave up for the night. The program flashed open for a second and then did an auto restart??? I gave up then.

Any way to tell if this is the NV7000 vs the NV7000H? Nothing on the card itself like the NV5000 has.

You might ask Aver support. I've found them to be pretty helpful about such things.

Also, once the software's installed and working, there's a screen where it'll report what the hardware is, based on whatever signature is on the card. I don't recall where it is, but I saw it while wandering around the software a while back.

I picked up a NOS NV7000H....I think. There are no markings on the board, but looking at images on the net I'm pretty sure that is what this is. My system currently have a NV5000 running

Hi going from 5000 to 7000 you also need to up your RAM software will not load till you have done this

Yes I have a newer ATI card if I remember correct, HD4550?? 1gb with HDMI, VGA and such with the latest software.