mattr1111

AVER CCTV and Text insertion

I've been working with AVER products for a couple of years now. I have recently built a 16 channel IP system with a synology diskstation as storage. It works pretty well so far. I work at a restaurant company and we have the ability to take an XML stream from the Cash Registers / POS system and overlay text on the screen. Was wondering if anyone had any experience in this? How to set it up or where those settings reside in the setup for the AVER stuff....

Any help would be appreciated.

You would need a third party interface made by AVE VSI model # TCPIP232 client server in order to capture the text from your POS via LAN.

Website: http://www.americanvideoequipment.com/products.asp?c=602&m=29

TCPIP232 Client Server:file:///C:/Users/Office%20Depot/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/INetCache/IE/BXWROLZN/TCPIP232%20Client%20Server%20Spec.pdf

Good Luck!

Thanks for that.

Do you know if there is any native way to capture the XML stream output from the pos and interface that with out another piece of equipment?

Hi . You have two ways of doing it . Avers rs232 box which converts data from your data pole

Or like you have said over network

First you need the registers IP and its transaction data port number .

You can follow the POS setting on the software ....system-then setting and on the right of screen you will see POS set up ...... Take a look at the setting and you will understand the set up

Ok, I have the system hooked up to the POS, but not getting any activity....

There are a few things left to do with the software company, but I don't think it is on their end.

Any Ideas how to set up for specific vendors, or should I just use a blank one and start my own?

Ok, I have the system hooked up to the POS, but not getting any activity....

There are a few things left to do with the software company, but I don't think it is on their end.

Any Ideas how to set up for specific vendors, or should I just use a blank one and start my own?

Are the cash registers on the network ?

You need the registers IP and port number .

If not you can take text from the pole display and run it on USB input on recorder and setup a com port.

Yes, we are on the same network. Have the correct server ip address and port specified, but still no traffic passing yet.

Same network and subnet, however, I have three networks running off that one machine. One for the cameras, one for remote access, and one for the pos.