Sign in to follow this  
monkeywash

Remote Console stopped working

Hi,

Wonder if anyone can shed light on this - I have a trusty old SA 5108 and for some reason Remote Console no longer works.

As far as I can see, all the settings in the DVR are correct and indeed have not been changed. It used to work fine, but I've not used it in a while so can't say when it stopped working.

The webviewer (on a web browser) works ok as does the Aver app on iPhone, but if I try to log in on Console Viewer I get a message saying "Login Server Failed !!!"

IP address is correct, as is the port number.

Operating system is Win7 but out of curiosity I also tried it on a WinXP box and it's the same on that..

It's as if the server service on port 5550 isn't running.

I will relate my experience ....

Last year, Remote Console stopped working for me on more than one Windows XP PC. (being used to view old NV5000 systems and EB1504). Much head scratching and router tinkering etc. As you noted, the webviewer in IE8 browser still works fine.

Chance rebuild from scratch of a Windows system .. RC found to work OK. Antivirus added ... RC no longer works. Tried various combinations, and sure enough the AVG antivirus that had been in use for years had changed in some way that now prevented RC from logging in.

Switched to using a different antivirus - Bitdefender - and that co-exists with RC happily.

----

Not quite end of story though - Bitdefender on Win XP has its own problems, giving occasional "delayed write" failures on idling systems --- such as one being left running only as a Remote Console viewer for many days. Grr.

Tried Avast antivirus - it, like AVG, obstructs RC from logging in.

I am now using Panda antivirus, which seems to tick my boxes - Free version; lets RC work; host system remains stable unattended for weeks.

I have the same problem. [FIXED!! See below!] I'm running NV6000 on my on-site camera server/recorder which is Win 7 Home prem 64 bit. For my off-site recorder Aver CM3000 running Win 7 Home prem 32 bit. Months ago I decided to upgrade to Win 10 on my off-site recorder but my CM3000 would not work after the upgrade. After much playing around and some help from my local dealer (who has now closed) it simply fell by the wayside. Now I have reinstalled Win 7 on my off-site recorder. During this time my local phone company upgraded my ISP with a new model and my home went from DSL to what here is called ATT U-Verse.

Sooo, my IT guy who doesn't know this software but knows networking is having the same problem as the OP. By contacting ATT and having them open port 81 allows my cell phone to view all cameras via the app. ATT also opened ports 5550 and 5555. My IT guy can add the DVR to the CM3000 (adding IP address with username/password) but when he goes to camera 'connecting' it then shows invalid user ID/password!! Software firewall is off and my anti-virus is ESET NOD32 with no firewall. It is simply anti-virus. We temporarily turned off the anti-virus and no change occurred.

Both of us are thinking there must be an easy fix; possibly a step we missed or a toggle/setting that should be applied. The first to come up with the solution receives $25 via paypal.

FIXED!! So I contacted my IT guy and read him the response provided by Rossko above. He says, 'You know, you have AVG on this recorder. Let's disable it' BAM! Connection occurs and all cameras showing. Three hours of hassle for free AVG anti-virus to cost so much in the end. Silly. I mean to allow just enough to get response but will not allow incoming video makes no sense. Of course if AVG would have stated it was stopping the program or give a notice that it will not allow a connection than this would have been an easy fix but of course not. So Rossko by default wins this. I will contact him and for anyone else having the same issue, be sure to check if your recording unit with CM3000 does not have AVG on it. You may save plenty of time.

Edited by Guest

Hi. With aver not supports anything the last view years ..... You are best finding something else.

Which cameras are you trying to connect and how many

Thanks tomcctv. I am running 5 Vivotek cameras along with a 3 analog cameras but now that I have it fixed I will stick with Aver. It's sad Aver is not servicing the software any longer. I wonder what program will one day replace the Aver system. I like it and when it works, it works well.