Sign in to follow this  
search

PTZ problem

Hiya folks

i have a cctv system which came with my property, as part of this i have ptz camera who's manual says excel camera but on the same manual it states nite devil hand written.

Last week the pan on the camera started to be a bit jagged, it would not run smooth, it would stop, start, this started to get progressively worse, sometimes it is fine but most of the time it doesnt even go through the sequence on start up as the pan is not working.looking at the camera it seemed if it was getting stuck, i could hear the motor whirring away. once it has run through the pan routine it does the tilt which is fine. I have disconnected the motor from the housing and when i power up the gear attached to the motor sometimes turns but most of the time it doesnt, if i give it a bit of help by turning the gear/cog it turns, my gut reaction is that its the motor which has gone. The model of the camera is PTZ034, the motor is labelled Sunny: Model: 35BYK46: REVERSE SYNCHRONUS MOTOR 12V. I have looked all over for this but you just see the motor and not the metal cog/gear attached to mine, anyone got any ideas where i could source one from, i am from the uk.

thanks

sab

Many thanks for your response mate, its powered by a 24v adapter, the dome takes this and then distributes 12v to the camera. Strangeley enough last night i powered it up and it went through all the motions smoothly.Just doesnt make sense

thanks

sab

sounds like it could be a loose cable somewhere between pcb and motor connection, maybe a plug or connection has come loose?