Q2U

How to outdoor mount a DS-2CD2032-I?

I'm about to mount a couple of HIKvision DS-2CD2032-I outdoors and I was hoping that someone might give me some recommendations for doing so.

Lightning protection will be handled by L-Com SP73925 units.

I'm most interested in how to physically mount these cameras to the side of a brick building approximately 12-feet high.

Any suggestions fellas?

Thanks.

You can go a couple of different ways.

First off, it has a mounting flange.

And the connection cable should come through that flange.

You can drill through the brick and bring the connection cable right into the building if accessible.

Then you can screw the mounting flange to the building right on top of that hole using Tapcon screws or screws with lead lag shields or plastic bushings (Rawls).

Then caulk the flange mounting.

Or it may even be best to mount and exterior electrical box and mount the cameras flange to a blank cover.

Again you can drill into the budding behind the box or pipe from the box to a place to enter the building using and LB. again, caulk the box.

When caulking, be sure to just caulk the top and sides but leave the bottom uncaulked so if water does get in, it can drain out.

If using tapcons, use their drill bits for the pilot holes.

Thanks for the response. Is there any particular electrical box you might recommend? I do run 6 of these cameras inside so I am familiar with the unit. Thanks again.

So you drill a 1-inch hole in the blank cover. And then what type of screws do you use to secure the camera base to the blank cover? Do you use a stainless machine screw with a lock washer and nut on the inside of the blank cover?

So you drill a 1-inch hole in the blank cover. And then what type of screws do you use to secure the camera base to the blank cover? Do you use a stainless machine screw with a lock washer and nut on the inside of the blank cover?

The blank cover has a knock out, the underside of the outlet has a 3/4 inch threaded hole that the fitting screws into. I'll post a pic in a sec...

Yes on the SS screw, lock washer and nuts.

The plate was drilled for the 2032 mount after cutting out the knockout.

1889179071_Plateetcs.jpg.d309f35d4844bed93220fcce2b65fa0f.jpg