1bit

800 TV lines on D1..?

Hi all

Im new to CCTV, thinking of installing some but cant afford the 1080p stuff but want at least 700 TV Lines , ive come across a set that has 800 (SANNCE on Amazon) - I have a question and wondered if someone could help..

if the "TV LINES" recording quality/sensor is 800 and the recording itself is PAL 720x576 then why the extra lines if its only recording 720 of them?

I understand the likes of 500,600,700 etc will be 'upscaled' to 720 recording lines... but whats the crack with 800 TV lines when its recording at 720x576?

does it just mean it captures better quality to place into the pixel area?

many thanks

1bit

ive bought a 800TV system which has said to be extremely good, I understand the 960H thing (but would get upscsale artifacts) but also capturing more CMOS info gives the rendering CPU better detail to render the 720H - im happy enought with it and price is good, my friend says his work uses it and PQ is excellent and it got excellent reviews 4.8/5 from 10 reviews - also it was half price at £198 for 4 cams and 1Tb

1 bit,

TVL is quite confusing term. TVL is number of vertical lines discernible on a horizontal line. That states a horizontal resolution. Please note that video image needs be band limited and transformed before being sent as a TV signal. TV signal is quite bandwidth limited so 650 TVL is good enough to cover up to 960H- horizontal resolution camera. As sensor and its image processing technology gets advanced every year, the higher TVL would be good, in general. As long as you like your video quality, that's good. No cheatings, whatever.

thanks for your replies

I have a Sannce 800TV line system recording at 576x720... in the Q&A it said could see face and license plates at 30ft... well not on my monitor and its on D1/BEST - more like 10ft

they (who I bought it off) said I can upgrade to like up to 1200 TV lines cameras but from what ive seen 960H systems record at 960 x 576 (still 576 lines vertical) so this makes into a "wider screen" to me rather than higher quality... so will 1200 be 1200x576..? this would be really wide, really the 576 needs to be higher but as im learning I guess thats impossible with analogue systems - also on your 4:3 monitor/squares the image will be tall and thin... as a say 2:1 image (1200x576) is squashed into 4:3 blocks

i guess for £189 and 1Tb HDD DVR & 4 cams @ 800 TV Lines ive done ok..?

The number of video lines is fixed as 576, for PAL standard. 1200 TVL would not do much as long as they are for analog camera(PAL or NTSC). You better get Good Lens, or Good Focus, or and adding one more camera in case you may have missed the target.

The number of video lines is fixed as 576, for PAL standard. 1200 TVL would not do much as long as they are for analog camera(PAL or NTSC). You better get Good Lens, or Good Focus, or and adding one more camera in case you may have missed the target.

U talking about Vertical lines

Lets talk about Horizontal

How have you been doing, ak357

As to analog TV signal, whether PAL or NTSC, the total video pixel bandwidth is to be limited around 3 Mega Hertz. Much smaller than we have thought. That means 1200 TVL (horizontal resolution) analog camera would not do much good. Resolution-wise, 650 TVL is good enough to represent 960H. But image processing tech keeps being improved. 1200TVL may be better than old 650 TVL, in this sense. That's what I said in above.

How have you been doing, ak357

As to analog TV signal, whether PAL or NTSC, the total video pixel bandwidth is to be limited around 3 Mega Hertz. Much smaller than we have thought. That means 1200 TVL (horizontal resolution) analog camera would not do much good. Resolution-wise, 650 TVL is good enough to represent 960H. But image processing tech keeps being improved. 1200TVL may be better than old 650 TVL, in this sense. That's what I said in above.

Actually it is about 5 MHz

Pixel Bandwidth should exclude the bandwidth of color components. As you may know, we designed chip sets for analog video decoder.We are selling those chip sets and cards for video PC capture cards. If you like to test them, I can send you one free.

so i now know that I should of went for a more expensive digital 'IP' system if I wanted higher quality..

i noticed when it switched to night-vision indoors the resolution seemed sharper...but now outdoors it doesn't, bugs flying around and shimmering slightly (ever-so slightly)

the system is fine for the price I have to admit....after looking around it costs wayyy more for such a system

I would like to connect it too router (which I can do & had it running on IE no probs, this is over wifi, not web) but I want to stop all uploading to web (for mobile devices) until we go away as it will always be uploading and spoiling our internet bandwidth...anyone familiar with the sannce units?

@SunnyKim - thanks for the offer, but how does that work? cos the unit has 2 video out same as the 8 inputs, so if your capture card has that input I should be able to buy a cable and link directly too the PC?

thanks

so i now know that I should of went for a more expensive digital 'IP' system if I wanted higher quality..

i noticed when it switched to night-vision indoors the resolution seemed sharper...but now outdoors it doesn't, bugs flying around and shimmering slightly (ever-so slightly)

the system is fine for the price I have to admit....after looking around it costs wayyy more for such a system

I would like to connect it too router (which I can do & had it running on IE no probs, this is over wifi, not web) but I want to stop all uploading to web (for mobile devices) until we go away as it will always be uploading and spoiling our internet bandwidth...anyone familiar with the sannce units?

@SunnyKim - thanks for the offer, but how does that work? cos the unit has 2 video out same as the 8 inputs, so if your capture card has that input I should be able to buy a cable and link directly too the PC?

thanks

It's only uploading when you are connected to it with a mobile device watching the video stream. It doesn't just constantly upload and consume bandwidth...

Hey man

D1 can't handle 800 TVLS so spending the extra on cameras is pointless.

but recently there is new a technologies out there like HD-CVI, HD-TVI and AHD.

you can get 720P quality from them and its very CHEAP.

analog is very old now my friend the price difference for the HD i listed above is almost nothing.

let me know if you have any further question.