Sign in to follow this  
fisma

NVR7208-8P

I am trying to configure Dahua NVR7208-8P. I have directly connected 1,3Mp PoE kamera to it, but NVR machine can not find camera. Default IP address of camera is 192.168.1.108 and IP address of NVR machine is 192.168.1.222. NVR, IP camera and my laptop are at the same network. I can ping NVR, but can not ping IP camera.

Should I somehow turn on PoE function of NVR7208-8P?

The camera is most likely not set to DHCP mode. Try to log into the camera while it's on your LAN, not plugged into the nvr at all, and once you're in there set it to DHCP and then log out. Then when you put it on your nvr poe, it should automatically get assigned an address within the poe switch subnet. That can take up to 45 seconds or so, so be patient.

I have simple router at home. That is not PoE. If I connect my camera into this router, will it function?

No. Does the camera also have a power adapter on the end of the cable? You could use a 12v-1a power adapter in that case. Or, you could pick up a cheap poe injector from amazon too. It never hurts to have one poe injector around in case it's needed.

http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-PoE150S-Gigabit-Injector-compliant/dp/B001PS9E5I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1409546130&sr=8-1&keywords=poe+injector

ALSO- is this a dahua camera you're talking about? What brand of camera?

the 7208-8P has a built in switch I think

Check in the Network Section.

I believe the switch is set to 10.1.1.1 so if you plug in direct to the NVR you need to change the camera ip to suit the switch or change the switch address.

Note the Switch address cannot be on the same segment as the NVR address.

i think the problem is not complicated. just log in camera by IE and enable the DHCP. .the dahua poe nvr will arrange ip address to the camera

i think the problem is not complicated. just log in camera by IE and enable the DHCP. .the dahua poe nvr will arrange ip address to the camera