jrichter73

Unitek 7716 Backup for large timeframe

Hi!

Sorry not to have intro myself before this post however I'm at work and low on time

But I'm a new member from So Cal!

I've got an issue I'd like to bounce of this community in hopes of finding someone who has had this problem previously.

We currently have a Unitek Series 7116 with a 500GB HDD.

We have 45 days worth of footage (16 channels) that I need to review in detail. I am currently just using the Backup option to a USB stick with a Start -> Stop time which averages 10 hours for each day (again with 16 channels). I'm taking that stick to my laptop and moving the files for each day to their own directory on the laptop.

Here's the issue...

When using the SimplePlayer (incl on the stick when the DVR performs Backup) it will begin playing and after aprox 1-2 hours of playback it will stop as if it is the end of the backup files, when in fact it's only played aprox 10% of them. The only option I have is to manually open EACH and EVERY file which proceeds the file where it stopped...which as you can imagine is a LOT of files (say 200? 300?).

I cannot believe that this software cannot simply continue playing the files until the last one is reached since it is already simply playing the first X amount of files for an hour or so worth of footage. I have talked to tech support and they had me try the more robust UniPlayer however I get the same results. This is completely tedious and I'm hoping someone else found a better way to watch the 200+ files continuously once I pull them from the DVR.

Thanks so much in advance for your time.