tom-ky

Opinions on ths Swann system?

Looking for a out of the box system that will give good image quality with breaking the bank. This is to be used on a home in a rural area.

This one is on sale, but have been considering a Lorex LNR system.

Would like one with easy to use software.

This Swann NVR was on sale and is a appealing price.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/swann-8-channel-4-camera-indoor-outdoor-high-definition-nvr-security-system/5326605.p?id=1219120223192&skuId=5326605

Honestly Bro

If your looking for something cheap and does the basic needs it works.

But spending about $200 more canadian you can get something a lot better.

Honestly Bro

What would you suggest? Want a good image but don't want to break the bank.

Best Buy is seldom a best buy. Look for an Hikvision system with four 3MP cameras which has an option to add four additional cameras at a later date so that the system can be expanded to 8 cameras if needed. It would be a shame to purchase that Best Buy system only to decide at a later date that you need to junk it because there are so many better options out there.

Best Buy is seldom a best buy. Look for an Hikvision system with four 3MP cameras which has an option to add four additional cameras at a later date so that the system can be expanded to 8 cameras if needed. It would be a shame to purchase that Best Buy system only to decide at a later date that you need to junk it because there are so many better options out there.

Any idea who sells them in a package?

Honestly Bro

What would you suggest? Want a good image but don't want to break the bank.

Hey Tom,

How about checking out this system;

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/laview-laview-8-channel-dvr-video-camera-security-system-lv-kdv2804w1-1tb-english-lv-kdv2804w1-1tb/10303557.aspx?path=ef3940ec82e3b910558b5b09e5c3fc06en02

note: you can buy this system a 100 bucks cheaper at another online site. I have this one and the quality is great in daylight with vibrant colors and I find the night vision is clear and requires very little light. I am very pleased with it. Like any surveillance system that you pay $300-500 bucks you are not going to get great zoom for night vision. But this system is much better then a lot of the other ones at bestbuy or Costco. I have seen some that are pale in comparison to this one.

Good Luck mate

This is a bad buy in my opinion. I live in South Africa. Bought a Swann dvr with 4 channels and two cameras. Installed it and all worked well - for about a month. Then both cameras became disfunctional. They showed only black and white and the IR was crippled at night. Image flickered as well. I contacted Swann and after taking me for a little e-mail dance they agreed the cameras are defective but sorry, seeing that I am outside the USA the guarantee is worth nothing. Cheers.

I went to a local Chinese mall and found better cameras at half the price.

The conclusion is obvious - to install a affordable system at home, stay away from Swann.