pbmb8883

Need advice on type of camera

Hi,

I am looking for some advice on camera make/ model for my requirement.

I have a requirement to install cameras at a chemical filling station. The chemical as such is highly inflammable and volatile one. I need to install cameras at their filling station but the camera shouldn't cause a fire. The other electrical stuff in this chamber are all anti-fire types.. which means they come with special enclosure that prevents the chemical from coming in contact with them. Even in the event of a spark caused by switching on(or off) of a switch, there is no threat of causing a fire.

Ive done research but most of the solutions are all about enclosures that allow the camera to function even if there is fire rather than the ones that dont cause fire in the first place (Maybe it works the other way round too but I am not sure). Else I only observe that one manufacturer makes only the housing so I will need to figure out how to fix the camera within the enclosed space.

If you know products that are available off the shelf and come with enclosures to prevent fires, then please let me know as it will be straightforward installation work then.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Pelco manufactures NEMA 4X rated enclosures for use in hazardous environments.

Can a approved sight glass/window be installed in the wall of the filling station?

The term you are looking for is 'Intrinsically safe' meaning no vapour can enter the camera.

Google 'Intrinsically safe cctv camera' and loads of manufacturers and models come up.

The housings you refer to are essentially industry standard fitment and when they say explosion proof, also would mean they are suitable for use in environments where dangerous atmospheres may be present. There are heaps of these where I work.

Check with the customer that they do or do not need explosion proof housings as companies may want their cameras to survive an 'incident' to show what happened for legal reasons etc.

The housing may also need to be specially constructed depending on what these 'chemicals' actually are. I have one at work which is designed to be exposed to various acid vapours for example(and is also explosion proof and intrinsically safe). The housing is 10 times bigger than the camera!

Actually, the equipment should be certificated ATEX and it grades some lever to explosion rate. You may take look at this famous company www.videotec.com.

For my view of points, if you no experiecne and license, you better far away this case. Or consign this project to professional team.

Cheers

Choose a surveillance camera that has the ability to record when there is a low level of light available.