soumikcha

cmht1532 and ltd8304t-ft

So someone gave me estimated for that camera of 5 and that dvr with 1tb for $1500 with installation with 3 years warranty for 3 locations. THis is the first time I heard LTS cameras. Are they any good? Is the price seems right? I seen the sets much cheaper than charging me $100 per camera and $400 for the dvr

So someone gave me estimated for that camera of 5 and that dvr with 1tb for $1500 with installation with 3 years warranty for 3 locations. THis is the first time I heard LTS cameras. Are they any good? Is the price seems right? I seen the sets much cheaper than charging me $100 per camera and $400 for the dvr

They are rebranded hikvision and very good depending on the type of camera and dvr/nvr....if these are analog cameras then its a bad deal. Ideally you should install ip cameras in a new installation. Most likely what is being installed is TVI cameras that can transmit HD over analog cables...please provide model numbers.

EDIT: is see the model numbers in the title..these are TVI cameras....For the price with install its not bad. I would upgrade to IP cameras for future expansion/upgrades..

They are rebranded hikvision and very good depending on the type of camera and dvr/nvr....if these are analog cameras then its a bad deal. Ideally you should install ip cameras in a new installation. Most likely what is being installed is TVI cameras that can transmit HD over analog cables...please provide model numbers.

EDIT: is see the model numbers in the title..these are TVI cameras....For the price with install its not bad. I would upgrade to IP cameras for future expansion/upgrades..

I asked for IP cameras but he said those are better but is higher maintenance if something goes wrong. Is that true? and I am trying to expand now. and plan on having over 20-200 locations by next few years. I want to have my cameras set up the right ones from now. so would it be wise to go with ip or those are good enough for having over 20+ locations in one server.

I asked for IP cameras but he said those are better but is higher maintenance if something goes wrong. Is that true? and I am trying to expand now. and plan on having over 20-200 locations by next few years. I want to have my cameras set up the right ones from now. so would it be wise to go with ip or those are good enough for having over 20+ locations in one server.

There is no higher maintenance for ip, that is not true. You will not be able to run multiple locations on one server (too much data to transfer)..there recording device should be on premises. If for whatever reason you dont want to go with ip, at least have him use ethernet cable with tvi baluns so you dont need to rerun cable if you choose to switch to ip...

Also note that the DVR you mentioned is only 4 channel so that is the max camera count.

The extra cost for ip for 4 cameras vs TVI is about 300-500, dollars depending on the cameras and NVR/dvr...well worth the extra expense.

[quo

There is no higher maintenance for ip, that is not true. You will not be able to run multiple locations on one server (too much data to transfer)..there recording device should be on premises. If for whatever reason you dont want to go with ip, at least have him use ethernet cable with tvi baluns so you dont need to rerun cable if you choose to switch to ip...

Also note that the DVR you mentioned is only 4 channel so that is the max camera count.

The extra cost for ip for 4 cameras vs TVI is about 300-500, dollars depending on the cameras and NVR/dvr...well worth the extra expense.

I might have posted the wrong dvr. But the one I was getting was 8 channels. If its cost me about 300-500 per system. I would be looking at about $1500 more. So the system he offered me can not be good for having alot of locations to use on one app?

[quo

I might have posted the wrong dvr. But the one I was getting was 8 channels. If its cost me about 300-500 per system. I would be looking at about $1500 more. So the system he offered me can not be good for having alot of locations to use on one app?

One app and one server are two different things. You can use one app to view all the dvrs..

If he is installing those cameras and dvr for 500 in each location then its a good deal.