Sign in to follow this  
dinho90

CCTV cameras showing white dots/specks at night

Hi Guys

I just installed 4 new 720p cameras that work fine during the day but at night they are full of white dots/specks which are making the image very unclear.Any suggestions on what the problem is ?

cctv2.PNG.a89202c3590a8696de5cc54c3b63a515.PNG

cctv3.PNG.c760834f570d521cbacf7a146236e2c1.PNG

That's short comings of CMOS based image sensor when lights are not suffcient enough. CMOS has become so cheap, killing a better night performing CCD based sensor off the market.

That's short comings of CMOS based image sensor when lights are not suffcient enough. CMOS has become so cheap, killing a better night performing CCD based sensor off the market.

There are many cmos sensors that produce great low light images, that is just a junk camera.

There are many cmos sensors that produce great low light images, that is just a junk camera.

Yes there are BUT an equivalent sensor using CCD technology WILL capture more light simply because of the nature of the beast.

Yes there are BUT an equivalent sensor using CCD technology WILL capture more light simply because of the nature of the beast.

Agreed, but that is not the issue here. Its simply a junk camera. A dahua 1.3mp/2mp camera would produce a good image in that scene despite a cmos sensor.

It is very true that night performance of CMOS sensor has a lot improved. But there is no reason for Hikvision or Daihua cameras should be good or better. As other brand cameras, they are using the same chip set, image sensor, the Software Design Kit. How can they differentiate each other? The first comes application software and its GUI. The tech support should come second. If you do not get the tech support easily from them, why pay extra dollars to those Chinese brands.

It is very true that night performance of CMOS sensor has a lot improved. But there is no reason for Hikvision or Daihua cameras should be good or better. As other brand cameras, they are using the same chip set, image sensor, the Software Design Kit. How can they differentiate each other? The first comes application software and its GUI. The tech support should come second. If you do not get the tech support easily from them, why pay extra dollars to those Chinese brands.

No reason? I can tell you that hikvision and dahua are 1000 times better than that camera. Its NOT the same as that camera. The images posted in the OP are terrible. That is not the case with hikvision dahua. Please STOP with this misinformation. Clearly the OP took your advice and bought a low end junk camera and thats what he got.

As you can see these are night and day better than the op. If the sensors and chipsets are all the same, please explain why the OP images are so bad compared to hikvision/dahua. You cant. Its obvious that you have never used a decent modern IP camera. Furthermore, even within the same manufacturer the sensors are different. YES. For example if you look at dahua 12x PTZ cameras they have a MUCH lower lux rating than the fixed cameras. They are MUCH better in low light than the fixed camera. How dumb do you think we are? If what you are saying would be true every single image form every ip camera would look the same. They dont. I urge you to buy a few IP cameras and see for yourself.

Same sensor my A**.

No proof on 1000 times better. 1000 is the number that you cancount. If you think you handled lots of IP cameras, open the box and check out the supplier of sensor and main CoDec chip set. Then you would be glad to understand what I am saying.

No proof on 1000 times better. 1000 is the number that you cancount. If you think you handled lots of IP cameras, open the box and check out the supplier of sensor and main CoDec chip set. Then you would be glad to understand what I am saying.

Wow, now you want to get technical? Its probably more than 1000 times better. Look at the difference. Its obvious. Dont tell me that the sensors and chip sets in the original photos are the same as those in the video! How dumb do you think we are? Its clear that the OP has a JUNK camera that is NOT the same as dahua/hikvision in low light image quality.

The question is simple, how is the image so much better in the hikvision and dahua videos than the image the OP posted. Please tell me? How come my hikvisions and dahuas show have MUCH better night images than the images posted by the OP? You have yet to explain why we see a dramatic difference. The answer is simple. The sensors and chip sets are NOT the same.

You keep repeating the same thing for those new comers. The op complains the quality-low lighted performance- of his 720P HD camera. You keep claiming that those Chinese brands are far better, as if you are getting paid by them.

It seems to me that 720P would render the best performance, if placed under the same condition. Why? 720P would use the Same Image Sensor as 2 MP or 4MP or 8MP or 12MP or even 16MP. How come? Any proof? You can google and read out "OV16880" omnivision for image sensor specification. Please let me add, for the night -low lighted - performance, 720P would be the best while 16 MP could be the last. That's the fate of CMOS image sensor. Low price rules out, Principle. Low lights per each sensor cell. Too small to form enough electronic voltage level, even smaller than electric random noise level. Bad Poor Video Image. But by binning together with neighboring sensor cells, it can render good levels of voltage. So 720P could render the best, but others losing its true fidelity for their claimed resolution. As to Compressionand Image Processing, they will be using TI chip or Hi Silicon's chip set, if you open the box of your IP cameras. Your brands of HikVision or Daihua are most likely to use the same chipsets, sensor and SoC, and even with the same SDK. Of course, Other Camera suppliers-unbranded- are using the same chipsets and SDK for their own products. You can check by opening the camera boxes. You are highly likely to pay extra dollars to those Brands. But Sure Waste, if you do not get any tech supports from them. I would even recommend Counterfeits could be OK as long as you get the supports when needed. Save Pennies for you and your customers.

You keep repeating the same thing for those new comers. The op complains the quality-low lighted performance- of his 720P HD camera. You keep claiming that those Chinese brands are far better, as if you are getting paid by them.

It seems to me that 720P would render the best performance, if placed under the same condition. Why? 720P would use the Same Image Sensor as 2 MP or 4MP or 8MP or 12MP or even 16MP. How come? Any proof? You can google and read out "OV16880" omnivision for image sensor specification. Please let me add, for the night -low lighted - performance, 720P would be the best while 16 MP could be the last. That's the fate of CMOS image sensor. Low price rules out, Principle. Low lights per each sensor cell. Too small to form enough electronic voltage level, even smaller than electric random noise level. Bad Poor Video Image. But by binning together with neighboring sensor cells, it can render good levels of voltage. So 720P could render the best, but others losing its true fidelity for their claimed resolution. As to Compressionand Image Processing, they will be using TI chip or Hi Silicon's chip set, if you open the box of your IP cameras. Your brands of HikVision or Daihua are most likely to use the same chipsets, sensor and SoC, and even with the same SDK. Of course, Other Camera suppliers-unbranded- are using the same chipsets and SDK for their own products. You can check by opening the camera boxes. You are highly likely to pay extra dollars to those Brands. But Sure Waste, if you do not get any tech supports from them. I would even recommend Counterfeits could be OK as long as you get the supports when needed. Save Pennies for you and your customers.

Again, another long paragraph but you fail to answer the question, its amazing how you can write so much but fail to address the issues at hand. Why are you even mentioning 2mp 4mp etc...That is not the issue here. You are trying to get off topic.

If you open hikvision and dahua you will see that the sensor and chipsets are NOT the same as that junk camera posted by the op. You have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about. You simply make stuff up as you go along.

If the sensor and chipset is the SAME how is the image much better with dahua/hikvision?

That is the million dollar question. If you can answer this then I will conceded and you win. You keep saying they are the same, but we are not as dumb as you think. You see, we have the hikvisions and dahuas and we get MUCH better images than those posted in the op. For others, I have posted youtube video so we can see with our eyes.

I also can see difference in images between brands and even different models of the same brand,, so I know they are not using the same chipset and sensors. Hikvision and dahua both have cameras that have various sensor SIZES, are you saying that they are lying in the spec? How can you claim all sensors are the same?

STOP LYING. Its simple, you are trying to knock IP cameras because your company sells low end analog cameras and junk useless dvr cards that should be thrown in the trash. Shame on you.

Also your statement that I am paid by dahua and hikvision is a lie and makes no sense.

1) they are competitors

2) You continuously complain that I promote the purchase of gray market cameras by these manufactures on ali. Why would I promote gray market cameras if they are paying me.Hmmm?

I GET PAID BY NO ONE. I do this a public service to protect end users from those who prey on them, like you.

You posted a bunch of nonsense. It is clear you have no idea about ip cameras. In the past, I though you may know something about analog and AHD but its clear from your posts here that you know NOTHING about installing those cameras either.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47966&p=278534&hilit=balun#p278534

So once again, Please answer the question. How can the chipset and sensor be the same but the image so different?

In the past, china scammers like Sunnykim would lie to us like this and we would have to take their word. Not anymore, we have youtube, we can see with our OWN eyes. So you lose china scammer.

We can both agree that the image posted by the OP is horrible. The videos I posted have much better images. Please explain the difference. 1000 dollars to you if you can. You cant.

Please do not keep barking on. Do not claim a certain video is better than others, because they do not carry any mathematical tool for quality evaluation. If they do, there is No Reason for those TV makers keep arguing their quality over others.

The same chipsets and the same SDK would make differences? Hmmm.

Please google and read "OV16880" omnivision for image sensor specification. You learn that 720P has a good reason to be the best. Please check and open your IP cameras and list up what kinds of chipsets are in there. Bring them up and then talk.

One more thing to add. Most of chip set makers are going for HikVision and Daihua as their first project. Fact is that They do not have their own chipsets. They are No 1 and 2 in Volume. Chipmakers count on Pieces. After working with them, their SDKs were refined and the parmeters got tuned for the best quality. Then moving on to the secondary or the third brand makers. That means there are good chances that unbranded or counterfeat makers would make the best quality among all of them...

The same here. I am doing the public service because I do not want to see some newbies being mislead by ugly cheating scammers.

Please do not keep barking on. Do not claim a certain video is better than others, because they do not carry any mathematical tool for quality evaluation. If they do, there is No Reason for those TV makers keep arguing their quality over others.

The same chipsets and the same SDK would make differences? Hmmm.

Please google and read "OV16880" omnivision for image sensor specification. You learn that 720P has a good reason to be the best. Please check and open your IP cameras and list up what kinds of chipsets are in there. Bring them up and then talk.

One more thing to add. Most of chip set makers are going for HikVision and Daihua as their first project. Fact is that They do not have their own chipsets. They are No 1 and 2 in Volume. Chipmakers count on Pieces. After working with them, their SDKs were refined and the parmeters got tuned for the best quality. Then moving on to the secondary or the third brand makers. That means there are good chances that unbranded or counterfeat makers would make the best quality among all of them...

The same here. I am doing the public service because I do not want to see some newbies being mislead by ugly cheating scammers.

I would appreciate it if your refrained from calling me a dog. What mathematical tool are you talking about? Let me break this down for you since your English comprehension is very poor.

1) The OP posted two TERRIBLE images.

2) Hikvision and dahua cameras have MUCH better image quality as seen in the youtube videos.

So unless you can explain to me how the sensor and chipset can be the same if the image is different, then please be quiet.

Again there is only one question for you, please answer it. If the sensor is the same why are the images different?

Even if we take your lies as fact, and the chipset and sensor are the same, and magically the image is much better on dahua and hikvision, why should the user not buy those instead of the junk cameras he has? Explain that to me.

The fact that you make these types of statements tells me that you have either never seen a decent ip camera in person or are simply purposely lying. You CANT. STOP LYING, its shameful. Do you think the members of this forum are idiots? Do you think we never installed an ip camera? Do you think all our installs look like the crap image in the OP? Come on...really? Quite frankly, I have NEVER seen night images that bad, even on junk cameras. Those cameras are awful.

The fact that you refuse to answer ONE simple question proves my point.

Feel free to continue to babble on but the VIDEOS I posted speak for themselves and anyone reading this can see your lies. That is my goal. To prevent you from having someone buy junk.

At Planet Security USA we sell Karbontech technology. Much better and cheaper than Dahua and Hikvision.

What is happening should be a cheap camera not tested by the distributor. We test everything, that's why it does not matter if the camera comes from our main manufacturer "Karbontech" or from Dahua, or other, we always test it.

Lets be honest here, karbontech does not make any cameras...you slap your name on rebranded cameras.