prsvarma

Help required on CCtvinstallation

I need help on the problem which i am facing on installation of 6 hikvision cameras using cat 5 STP

Details:

5 Bullet cameras - 12 V DC of which one has 40 m IR other have 20 m

1 Dome - 12 V IR 20 m

All are HD

The cameras are outdoor ones are far apart from DVR. the 40 m IR bullet camera is 110 m from DVR. others are 60, 50, 60 m etc. one bullet and dome is in the office premises itself close to the DVR.

I have used passive video balus for all

Cat 5 STP is used for video and power. Total 3 cables were used for 6 cameras [2 pairs for two bullets in single line, one pair for power]. i used 12 v 20 amp power supply for powering the ameras

The problems i am facing are:

1. Day time i get 3 cameras images clearly. hooking the fourth results in blurred images/distortions in a few cameras. images comes and goes in a few cameras. i initially used 12 v and 10 amps & 12 v and 5 amps powersupply but of no use.

2. i got a 12v 20 amps but with little difference. The problem inceases at night when IR goes on. the camera at 110 [40 m ir] went down and doesn't work even when hooked to 12 v 20 amp PS alone. Other cameras shows more distorted image

I guess its because of a voltage drop but wonders why even it doesn't work with a 20 amp PS. There are no power sources available to most of the bullet cameras

3. Cameras [2 nos] in the office complex [10 m from DVR} works but has a colour band moving continuously in the screen one moving from right to left and other has moving colour band from left to right. is it because of any signal leaking?

Please help me to resolve the issue. please give your valuable suggestions

I don't understand the part where you say 3 cables were used for 6 cameras. Each camera needs its one cable to connect it to the dvr. Ir cameras use more power, so you mgiht not have a big enough power supply. For me I have a 12v 2a which splits to 4 cameras. If I use a 1a it doesn't work. I hope this helps abit.

1-2 : check the power requirements for the cameras it sounds like not enough power. It you use a 4 or 6 way splitter cable make sure your power supplie is strong enough...... 3 : I got those lines when the bnc cable was too weak and the camera was to far away. Try a stronger cable, it doesn't work connecting multiple cables together, you will lose signal so use a long cable.

When installing a CCTV system, you need a plan and you need to understand the technology. It’s always a good idea to consult a professional who has the skills and experience to do this properly.

I need help on the problem which i am facing on installation of 6 hikvision cameras using cat 5 STP

Details:

5 Bullet cameras - 12 V DC of which one has 40 m IR other have 20 m

1 Dome - 12 V IR 20 m

All are HD

The cameras are outdoor ones are far apart from DVR. the 40 m IR bullet camera is 110 m from DVR. others are 60, 50, 60 m etc. one bullet and dome is in the office premises itself close to the DVR.

I have used passive video balus for all

Cat 5 STP is used for video and power. Total 3 cables were used for 6 cameras [2 pairs for two bullets in single line, one pair for power]. i used 12 v 20 amp power supply for powering the ameras

The problems i am facing are:

1. Day time i get 3 cameras images clearly. hooking the fourth results in blurred images/distortions in a few cameras. images comes and goes in a few cameras. i initially used 12 v and 10 amps & 12 v and 5 amps powersupply but of no use.

2. i got a 12v 20 amps but with little difference. The problem inceases at night when IR goes on. the camera at 110 [40 m ir] went down and doesn't work even when hooked to 12 v 20 amp PS alone. Other cameras shows more distorted image

I guess its because of a voltage drop but wonders why even it doesn't work with a 20 amp PS. There are no power sources available to most of the bullet cameras

3. Cameras [2 nos] in the office complex [10 m from DVR} works but has a colour band moving continuously in the screen one moving from right to left and other has moving colour band from left to right. is it because of any signal leaking?

Please help me to resolve the issue. please give your valuable suggestions

Hey

Have you called the company from where you have bought the camera??? have you installed the system yourself or it was installed by a professional???

If it was installed by you then I am sure there is problem with installation. Call the company ask them for installation help.

I've been installing cctv for 30 years and seen a great deal of changes. The biggest one is going over to the new generation of kit. The biggest problem is always caused by wrong spec cable. It doesn't matter how big the power supply is you have to allow for voltage drop over a long length of cable. The higher the current required the thicker cable. Even if you have a 20amp supply the cable has to be able to conduct it. 5 pair cat5 cable is only capable of running 1 camera properly over a long distance. If you try running more than one and suffer voltage drop you will suffer from co-channel interference. My advice is to run one cable per camera. This will cure your problems. Alternatively you could fit a localized power supply.

Forgot to mention, when you use one cable per camera you must double up 2pairs for power and1 pair for video signal, otherwise unused cores can pick up interference.

What is the distance on each of the camera runs? When using cat5 for your cameras you are going to have a voltage drop especially is you have only run 3 wires for 6 cameras.

Could you also clarify how you have the cameras wired using the color coding on the cat5 cable? An example would be when I use cat5 for cameras I use solid blue for -video and striped blue for +video. The other 3 pairs I use for power. Striped for positive and solid for negative.