Sign in to follow this  
LP9511

Programming a new camera to my current controller

So inside my store i currently have Two PTZ cameras that are connected to one controller. I have room for two more PTZ cameras and i began installation a few days ago. The problem i have run into is that the PTZ will show video, and on stratup The camera spins and pans back and forth, but after that nothing. I cannot control it from the controller i use for the other two PTZ cameras. I tried this list of steps:

1. Go to Menu>About>Services>Input Devices

2. Once there screen prompts to press Server Pin (located on PTZ Camera)

3. Type the number you want the dome to be

My issue is when it prompts me to press the Server Pin, nothing happens. it never goes to the next screen. I tried manually going to the next screen by pressing the Server Pin and then pressing enter on my controller, but it doesnt work.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

good day

What you need to do is check what is the PTZ protocol, baud-rate and address is, usually when it starts up it will give you this information, then see what your existing PTZ is set to and set them the same making sure that each cam has its own address but same baud-rate and protocol,you usually set it in the menu or on the dip switches on the PTZ consult your manual to see

Regards

hey guys if anyone else has any ideas or solutions it would be very helpful. for whatever reason I just cant get my controller to communicate with the new cameras

hey guys if anyone else has any ideas or solutions it would be very helpful. for whatever reason I just cant get my controller to communicate with the new cameras

Hi. Did you do what topchips recommended???

All cameras must be set the same except I'd number

Not all PTZ use tx and rx

Our system is very old and I don't think that they have a way to change those settings. the camera is set up the same way as my other 2 ptzs and they are the same model they just wont communicate with the controller. ive looked into changing the ip address and baud rate but they arnt those type of cameras so there isn't a setting or even a box inside to change it

good day

What you need to do is check what is the PTZ protocol, baud-rate and address is, usually when it starts up it will give you this information, then see what your existing PTZ is set to and set them the same making sure that each cam has its own address but same baud-rate and protocol,you usually set it in the menu or on the dip switches on the PTZ consult your manual to see

Regards

Please be patient. Listen to topchips;

Your controller is designed to communicate all cameras, probably max 256 different cameras, hooked on a twisted wire, based on RS485 or RS232 protocol. You are supposed to assign each different number for each different cameras, on the Onscreen Display menu provided by your DVR and Controller. If you can't, you have to bring in the installers in your neighborhood.

good day

Regards

Please be patient. Listen to topchips; Check out the manual of your DVR. Your controller is designed to communicate all cameras, probably max 256 different cameras, hooked on a twisted wire, based on RS485 or RS232 protocol. You are supposed to assign each different number for each different cameras, on the Onscreen Display menu provided by your DVR and Controller. If you can't, you have to bring in the installers in your neighborhood.

LP9511,

Not being a programmer for PTZ camera, but please allow me to add a couple of cents more.

Please check out "Wiki UART" and its relevant standards for hardwares (RS232, and RS485). It defines two way signaling (RX and TX). Probably all the cameras hooked on a single wire are supposed only to listen to the signal transmitted from the controller. Probably the controller do not allow the cameras to talk back to it. Thus, the programming could be a lot simpler, my guess. The camera ID is supposed to be programmed (set) differently in each PTZ camera. The controller needs to know the camera IDs through registrations to the controller, my guess.

The operation scenario would be as following, my pure guess.

The operator selects the camera and sends a certain command to the selected camera. My guess is that All the cameras are to be programmed to listen to the controller,all time. Each cammera can understand that the command is not directed for itself when the command carries a different ID from its own ID. Only the camera who does match with the ID broadcast from the controller would follow the command. All other cameras would ignore the command. These could be found in the manual of the PTZ controller, I guess.

Also Sorry for the late response back, when I first posted it took a while before I got a response so I stopped checking it regularly. Now that I know people are posting answers ill check at least a few times a week