Server/Site upgrade December 14th - 16th

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: correct security camera placement
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:45 am 

By the way, your criticism is so unfair. I posted an extremely simple question originally. In retrospect, I suppose it was too simple.

What I get is that there in nothing wrong with what Lorex sells. Well I contest that concept based on the facts of my experience.

I think you are missing the big picture. Walking out to a point in my yard does not trigger an event. However brisk movement as in running does. All settings being the same. Lorex has looked at this numerous times and sensitivity and threshold settings have been changed multiple times to no advantage.

There always has to be a first to experience a problem. I did not know for quite a while that this Lorex system had a problem until I came home to review an event that I knew had happened but was very difficult to find since no event was marked. Many people would never know there was a problem unless they looked for it as I did. So to me these cameras and system and Lorex support have resulted in a complete loss of the intended security and expense and countless time on the phone with Lorex. That is why I mentioned a small claims judgement would be welcomed. If not resolved very soon I hope for this to happen.

NVR = NR908-N
Lorex installed drive
POSTREC = 10
Did not find pre. Latch = 10
Period = 0-24 all days are set
Green and yellow

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:47 pm 
Integrator

Quote:
By the way, your criticism is so unfair. I posted an extremely simple question originally. In retrospect, I suppose it was too simple.

Nothing you type is simple..... It took you 4 posts before anyone could work out its a motion alert problem you have. And there is nothing about that in your first post.

Quote:
NVR = NR908-N

Is this the 2k or 4K unit ?

Green and yellow is 24hr record with motion. Set alarm for area detection which is red.

Quote:
What I get is that there in nothing wrong with what Lorex sells. Well I contest that concept based on the facts of my experience.

Well just with the info you have provided there is no point you contesting it because your settings are wrong.

Quote:
a small claims judgement would be welcomed.

I think you reading the manual again would be better.
Would be much better than you losing a court case and a lot of money.

I would switch off motion detect (yellow) and go to each camera setting and set motion up as alarm...... You must set detection on each camera to 10 or above to work and in playback you will have green for 24 and red for each camera alert.

You have not mentioned anything about target range with any of your cameras. Distance to target.

Have you loaded smart PSS to alter settings ?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:06 pm 

Tom,
You are really cute. All fluff and no substance. Done dealing with this site. Too bad you really are incapable of solving this problem, as well as the Lorex techs. How much do they pay you? Your off the wall comments are laughable.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:14 am 
Integrator

kenusa wrote:
Tom,
You are really cute. All fluff and no substance. Done dealing with this site. Too bad you really are incapable of solving this problem, as well as the Lorex techs. How much do they pay you? Your off the wall comments are laughable.

See all you want to do is *** your like a woman.

Did you try the setting a surgested or is it too easy for you.

Trust me I get no payment from lorex I don’t need it.

But since you can’t answer simple questions to be able to teach you how to work your system

Looks like your only option now is to take lorex to court (your words)

Good luck with that when there defence will be your own posted thread..... you don’t listen

I bet your one of these people who has lots of lawsuits a year over the most stupid things just to make money.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:51 am 

Tom, it's clear you were wasting your time with this one from the start. He already knows everything there is to know about everything. Just ask him, he'll tell you so :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:47 pm 
Integrator

Cortian2 wrote:
Tom, it's clear you were wasting your time with this one from the start. He already knows everything there is to know about everything. Just ask him, he'll tell you so :lol:

Be careful you might see a lawsuit coming your way :lol: :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:28 pm 

tomcctv wrote:
Cortian2 wrote:

Be careful you might see a lawsuit coming your way :lol: :roll:

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2