tyman00

Explosion proof camera/housing for paint booth

Does anyone know of or recommend any cameras and/or housings for paint booth applications? It needs to be explosion proof meaning that it won't ignite the paint and other chemical fumes.

I searched for explosion proof cameras, but I get the feeling that the ones I found are marketing a camera that is supposed to be indestructible not necessarily for preventing explosions.

Are you thinking of installing the cam within the booth itself, Is this a industrial application? If so You might be better off viewing cam through a sight glass or approved view window. There are several national fire codes: NFPA 33, 86, 91 and 101; NFC and CFR Other codes also apply, such as NEC and NBC as well, local code requirements when it envolves paint booth enviorments. Be careful and safe and remember any install that is unsafe can effect your insurance and liabilty as well as endager lives.

For you application, i think you can take LonTrend explosion proof housings into your consideration. You could put box camera into the enclosure and those are mostly chosen for special applications, such as oil and gas, heavy industrial, chemical projects. Based on your requirements, I think LTEX17 is the one you can take as reference.

LTEX17-(Ex d IIC T6 Gb explosion-proof marking, IP68, NEMA-6P enclosure rating, AISI 304/316L

http://www.lontrend.com/en/products/camera-enclosures/explosion-proof-camera-housings/ltex17.html

Thank Gawd for that! OP has been waiting over 10 years for that!