finalsight

Kalatel speed dome protocol dip switch settings

hi.. i am wondering if anyone can help me... our company is auditing a site and we have one speed dome which is a kalatel (cyberdome). i have no manuals for this dome and need to test that it is still working... i have tried to find the protocol dip switch and address settings online and have failed.. can someone help me all i have is the main circuit board number A0006801

here is a link to GE site for the camera with manuals and all. 1 tricky with these cameras is that when you address the camera you have to set dipswitch 1 number below the camera number. meaning if with your controller you select camera 1. dipswitch setting will be 0.

http://www.gesecurity.com/portal/site/GESecurity/menuitem.f76d98ccce4cabed5efa421766030730?selectedID=16680&seriesyn=true&seriesID=

thanks alot for that link. i got some valuable information from it. i noticed in the installation manual and programming manual that there was no protocol setting. so i am taking it that this dome can not be used with any other controller besides its own keypad??

you know i've installed about 20 of these domes and i cant recall anything about protocol but let me dig a little deeper and see if i can find anything. have you tried calling tech support. i know it runs off of RS-422 so if your controller use that then it should work

i suppose i should call tech support. was leveing it for last option. guess i there now. thanks again for your help on this matter