Server upgrade postponed

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post subject: Re: Neighbor aiming camera directly into my backyard
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:00 pm 

SaturnR wrote:
Hello, I joined here last summer and did a few posts asking about cameras. At that time we were having a problem with the neighbor behind us, he admitted to tresspassing and we told him to stay out. A few days later my son's expensive bike was vandalized so then we installed a few cameras which have so far kept the jerk out of our yard. My yard has a privacy fence down both sides and the gate is kept locked so nobody could have gotten in except from the nieghbor's yard behind me.

He has 2 cheap bullets installed on the back corner of his garage and the one cuts across the back corner of my yard. It sees at least 20 feet into my yard, possibly more. He has it there solely to film my yard as he has told anyone and everyone who would listen that he is getting it all on film, ... What to do? Anyone ever had a situation like this?

Bullies target quiet, mind-your-own-business and keep-to-yourself type people.

Dr Jean B. Healey, an expert on bullying (wwww.bullywatch.com.au) will tell you NEVER to give in to your bully.

Your bully sounds remarkably like ours. To stop him standing on ladders etc watching us over our fence - for hours at a time! - WE have installed security cameras. It stopped him... leering at us but only in the areas where the cameras covered. He responded by screaming lies to the street, to the police, to the Neighborhood Dispute Resolution Center etc. Now him and a 'friend' have targeted the coffee shop where the local (Bundaberg) councilors visit - just so they have a new audience for their lies of woe and injustice.

You just have to get used to people giving in to their lies and saying (to you) "After all you have done to poor [put name of bully here]..."

After a while you look at the people listening to and supporting these bullies - and most are total fronts using these incidents, and respectability, to hide who they really are. Tailbone215 is one of these people. So too are councilors who can hinder your building permit arbitrarily or expedite doubtful projects of your bully neighbour. One of the bully supporters is a grandmother who molested her two boy grandchildren when they were young.

Stand tall and don't give in to bullies.

Please contact Jean the expert!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:15 pm 
DIY'er

Holy cow... Talk about a thread coming back from the grave...

:shock:

-William Shakespeare-

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:43 pm 

I'll resurrect this thread with another case of a new neighbor. This is their first house and the guy owns his own business. He must bring a lot of cash home at night because he placed 6 of these cameras around his semi-detached home. One camera can see inside one of my bedrooms which has a door leading to the backyard. When I asked him about the cameras he said that when he moved in someone threw an egg on his wife's car and he needed security. He said that although the camera can see in the bedroom he will not peek in. My daughter and my grandson use that bedroom when they visit from out of town and I am located in Philadelphia, PA.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Melanzana on Sat May 20, 2017 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:07 am 

You could
1 Close the curtain/shade on the window.
2 Mount a cheap ir light by the window pointing at the camera. This should blind the camera at night. The light can not be seen by the naked eye except for a dull red glow at the lightsource itself.
Here is one. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/HOBOVIS ... 0.0.AKduxC

3 Talk to him about moving the camera.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 8:00 am 

51cent wrote:
You could
2 Mount a cheap ir light by the window pointing at the camera. This should blind the camera at night. The light can not be seen by the naked eye except for a dull red glow at the lightsource itself.
Here is one. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/HOBOVISIN-CCTV-Array-IR-illuminator-infrared-lamp-6pcs-ArrayLed-IR-Light-Outdoor-Waterproof-for-CCTV-Camera/32570855226.html?spm=2114.13010308.0.0.AKduxC

1. I could board up the window too.
2. Thanks for the idea.
3. Reread my post. I spoke to him and expressed my displeasure with the location and was told that he won't peek in the bedroom.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 8:26 am 
Integrator

Hi. Since he has admitted to being able to see into your bedroom then that is enough for you to have your local court house order him to move it.

voyeurism Law US code 1801

To keep him happy only go for removal of the camera

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:16 am 
DIY'er

Some cameras have a digital "masking" capability for this sort of thing. Ask him to do that.

-William Shakespeare-

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:00 am 
Integrator

The problem with that is he can also switch it on and off when he likes

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:50 pm 

Melanzana wrote:
51cent wrote:
You could
Here is one. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/HOBOVIS ... 0.0.AKduxC

1. I could board up the window too.
2. Thanks for the idea.
3. Reread my post. I spoke to him and expressed my displeasure with the location and was told that he won't peek in the bedroom.

1. I would imagine anyone with any hope of privacy in a major city would at least close the shade at night with a female in the room. Boarding up the window, when pulling the shade will accomplish the same thing would be foolish.
2. You are welcome.
3. Talk to him again and tell him you WILL pursue legal action. Egging a car is no reason to be peeping into a neighbors window.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 3:56 pm 
Integrator

I would also think anyone who owned a home .... would like to OWN there home
Boarding up windows ..... who in there right mind would do that to there home. Turning home into a windowless box.

Guy has admitted to being able to see into the bed room...... so he is already watching...... even the guy admitting it is a problem in it's self

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:43 pm 

tomcctv wrote:
I would also think anyone who owned a home .... would like to OWN there home
Boarding up windows ..... who in there right mind would do that to there home. Turning home into a windowless box.

Guy has admitted to being able to see into the bed room...... so he is already watching...... even the guy admitting it is a problem in it's self

Boarding the window was just a bad joke on my part.
The guy is a witless wonder and would deny in court that he ever said that he could see in the window.
The police in the city consider "quality of life" things a very low priority because of all of the violence these days. Murders, rapes, robberies, hit & runs and burglaries keep them very busy. Not as bad in my section of the city as others but getting there.
Of course the shades are closed at night but it's still creepy. I just need to legally disrupt the camera and am trying to glean all of the information that I can.

Thanks to all who have responded so far.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 7:00 pm 

Problem solved!

The daughter bought the same style camera with WiFi and her new boyfriend put up a pole made out of 1 3/4" plastic pipe. He mounted the camera to treated wood and attached it to the pole and placed it right next to the neighbor's camera but in my yard. Now she can't see his camera from the window and she has a great view of his rear patio. Haven't heard a peep from him yet.

Nothing illegal and nobody got hurt!

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 3:19 pm 

slowforthecones wrote:
I'm sure that neighbor has good reason to have cameras up. Maybe he has had serious theft, tresspassing and vandalism. Or plain simple the same reason you have cameras...to keep an eye on your property and if anything happens he can kind of tell whom did the acts.

How do you know that his cameras are pointed in your direction? The cameras can be looking at other places too.

Afterall you failed to have a privacy fence?

Which country and state are you in?

Now you leveled the playing field buddy, you said you had cameras..aren't you guilty of invading his space too?

You should be an adult and have a chat with this guy nicely. Now his grievence is just with you or other people? Put up some nice PTZs, catch him in the act of vandalism.

Post subject: Re: There's always one idiot isn't there?
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 3:24 pm 

There's always one idiot isn't there. Since you tried to completely ignore the plight and also make a complete fool of yourself, I bet your one of those.....and you know what I'm talking about. Low life loser.

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4