qcbook

Newbie Camera Assistance

Hey everyone...

I am in the process of putting together a new camera installation at a retail location. The backend of the system will be a geovision pc card (16 camera).

I have the back end all setup and now i just need to purchase the cameras?! I know this is a very complicated question but can anyone provide me with some basic assistance about what to look at? The idea is that i want to put camera over the register and in some key locations (all indoor) just to watch my employees. Nothing fancy.

The install in going to be in NYC. I found this local shop; spytown. They were pushing Nuvico Cameras?? http://www.spytown.com/nuvnvhircold.html

ideas? comments?

thanks a bunch

asher

Nuvico are decent cameras. I was having lunch yesterday with the Los Angeles distributor of Nuvico and he said that they have had good results with the line and that the cameras have been very reliable. Here is the web site for Nuvico in case you want to look into their other cameras.

www.nuvico.com

Spytown pushes alot of different brands, great catalog actually, but then can also cause us resellers to loose some sales!

Let me know how it goes, Ive never ordered through them but always use them for pricing ideas. If it goes well, I may buy from them in the future. Would be good to know if they carry lot of stock they sell, and.or how long it takes to get shipped.

Thanks

Rory

Watchout, that is false advertising. This is not a Sony camera. It is a camera using a Sony chip. Sony sells chips to anyone. It could be one of Sony's lower quality chips and it can have lower quality electronics. It might be an ok camera but it is certainly not a Sony.

Look...the bottom line is i need a pretty good dome camera for a store install (all indoor) and I want to spend around 120-140 per camera...can you point me in the right direction?

also can you tell me app what the geo cards go for?

thanks

asher

I'm not saying they are bad cameras, just pointing out that they are not made by Sony as is implied by the advertising. I worry a little about that.

Here is another site you might want to look at. Also if you go into the DVR card section you will see several discussions on the GeoVision and I believe some good sites are listed there for low pricing on that card.

http://www.at-fairfax.com/Camera/Dome.htm