Napoleonbc

SPECO BULLETS...

Hi, I'm installing a system for a client. I have CAT5 cable to all the locations. I'm thinking of going this route...please let me know what you honestly think...

SPECO H.E.A.T. bullet cams, some with IR and some without for the locations. Supposedly 470 lines resolution. Gonna use a BNC - CAT5 converter to use the cameras with the CAT.

Use custom XP machine with 2 PCI DVR cards, 4 ports each rated at 60FPS each card (15 fps per cam).

Gonna use an ATI video card to replicate the monitor through composite out or even use S-Video out and convert down to composite and use COAX to connect it to a second BNC monitor 25 feet away.

Hooking it up to a cable modem to allow th owner to see the place at night from his house.

Any suggestions or see any faults. I'm aware of all the power issues and I'm not going through the CAT5 for power. I'm trying to go the best route for him for the cost I'm limited too. Please let me know if this is a good idea.

Well, as far as the system in general. How do you think it looks? We are talking a sub 6,000 dollar job.

Will he see what he needs to see?

yes, but I wouldnt use XP, use 2000 instead if you must use a PC based system.

Well, it sounds good

I can tell you that using the TV out from the ATI card is going to give you a better picture quality on the external monitor than that on the computer monitor. I know from experience.

Are you going to be able to get a static IP address with the cable modem? If not do you have a plan on how to incorporate a dynamic IP with your DVR?

hey guys thanks a lot. I've setup domes, our company is huge on NETWORK cams...like all the new CAT5 stuff. But these bullets and CCTV in general is a little perplexing to me.

I think I'm getting it down though. We have done many little small jobs...like 2 camera systems.

Thanks for all the help and if you think you could get me better prices, by all means PM me! We would like to make more money on the job if you know what I mean.

As far as the DNS...we use No-IP all the time. Very good free service. Works EXCELLENT with 2000 or XP pro.