MiamiBeachBum

security camera inside Pool (underwater)

Hello everyone,

I'm installing a 16 camera geovision and only have 14 cameras, so I figured I'd have a little fun with the last few.. I was thinking about installing an underwater bullet camera at the end of the inground swimming pool that is being built.

Any + or - opinions on this?

Just thought is would be interesting to watch and could also be a good way to keep and eye on the kids..

I was thinking to have the pool company just leave a hole about 1" in the end wall and install some type of clear lens or glass over the hole. Then set the bullet inside behind the glass. That way the camera would not be getting wet and it wouldn't be embedded in the concrete of the pool and could be dug out and replaced if needed..

Any opinions, feedback or camera recommendations are welcome.

Thanks

J

I was thinking maybe something like below..

I assume that the lens section unscrews from the camera, right? and since it's all water proof.. I could have the pool contractor put a 1 1/2 or 2" pvc pipe through the 8" concrete wall of the pool. Then put the unscrewed lens part of the camera flush with the interior pool wall and cement around it. That way the only thing perminately attached is the lens.. If the camera broke in the future. I could dig up the area outside the pool open the back of the pvc pipe and unscrew the camera from the lens (which would be the part embedded in the pool wall) and replace it with a new camera (attaching the new camera to the embedded lens)

Does this make sense? Any better ideas?

Thanks

Ray

http://www.eagle.co.za/display_product_2019.htm

If it is standard Bullet camera then the lens probably wonbt be removeable, however I have seen some that are, I would not put it in a narrow pipe, ecause they get hot and the camera will probably overheat without soem form of ventilation

Any suggestions on how I could make it work? How much ventalation do they need?

What if I ran the 2" pvc pipe up and vented it to the outside.. Then it wouldn't be totally enclosed but the distance would be about 15 feet to the area where I could bring the pipe out of the ground.. Do you think that would be enough ventalation?

Any other ideas?

Thanks

J

Don't forget to keep any eye on them also.

Bit tricky coz we don't know the lay of the land ( so to speak ).

I would suggest a large diameter PVC pipewith a slow bend.

One end at the pool face with a window.

The other end above ground ( and hooded ).

Just feed your camera in ( you could use the wheel base off a toy car ).

Possible problem: Condensation caused by the camera warmth.

Solution: A heater ( aquarium tube type ) towards the top end of tube coupled with a feeder tube ( hooded ) to create a free flowing convention.

In any case you must consider possible complications caused by condensation and infiltration of water.

Make sure you put it at the deep end coz it's a danger zone and it's also where the mum's will hang out.

Let's face it , if mums are there you can let THEM watch the kids.