rory

Dummy camera

Im looking for a outdoor dummy camera, with built in scanning, any ideas, i have seen 2 that will work, but dont have the scanning option, i have seen an indoor version with the scanner, with motion scanning, but i need outdoor as its by the ocean.

Yes the clients requested 20 dummy cameras with blinking lights, and scanning if they can get it, along with a couple PTZs and a couple IR cameras, they are more interested in deterrent than capture in this case.

Thanks

Rory

yep, ive looked around at PT scanners, they run from $700 and up, Ill just put up more cameras.

thanks, ill check the link.

Rory

My question is this.....

Why do all dummy cameras have that "Look, I have a flashing LED so that you can tell I am a dummy camera!!!!" ???

I like walking into shops and saying nice dummies and watch them squirm...at the place I play indoor soccer at they had some of those dummies with the LED they even had a wire and a face plate, only thing was they mounted them on a concrete pillar..straight onto it...what a joke,,, um yeh I bet they ran cable throught the centre of the pillar all the way back to the imaginary DVr, nice drilling job around corners!!!

You mean to tell me there is a way to Run wire through the middle of a pilar, WOW i need to learn that

That's nothing, I once saw in a grocery store a couple of dummies inside the shelves, you take a can of soup, and VIOLA! there's the camera!!

lol

depends, there are 3' plus drill bits, but a pillar would be extremely difficult. When i installed alarms, we used to drill up through concrete for alarm wires, from windows, to get the wire from the attic to the window, most about 3' or more sometimes, hammer drill all the way, and we charged accordingly. Broke some bits and killed some drills though over the years! Plus that was a thin bit for 2 pair telco wire.