Nookster

HikVision Camera Password failure ??

Hello All,

I am new to the forum and have just found it after googling for information on how to reset password on hikvision DS-2CD2132 cameras - seems like the best people to ask are right here, so here goes.

I have(had?) 5 Hikvision DS-2CD2132 cameras set up and they were all working fine. The cameras were left online at my old property while I moved house, the power was turned off and the cameras disconnected they all seemed to be working (but there were not viewed for maybe a month, so I am unsure if they were working 100% at the time they were turned off but I can't see a reason why not) Now I have moved the cameras, and the standalone machine (PC) that controlled them via the hikvision software ivms-4200.

The software had the camera passwords saved in it (ivms-4200) and as far as I knew were working fine, upon reinstalling the cameras at my new property and connecting the machine back up, it detects all the cameras but fails to login to them, saying Login failed.

There is no way to reset the password, I have tried to contact hikvision for a "Secure code" as it states on their website, but they have not replied and basically ignored me! The only reply came from hikvision in china, saying the cameras were bought from an unauthorised seller and I'm on my own basically. (Not sure how it is my fault ? They are genuine hikvision cameras and were bought brand new.)

I was wondering if I can give my serial numbers to anyone, could they generate the security code for me so I can possibly reset my passwords (I'm not sure how the password could be wrong as it was saved in the application, however it is the only thing I have left to try.) There was a user I found on this forum named CBX that seemed to have a php script which could perform such a task, but I have failed in finding an application/script anywhere online which will decode my serial number and provide me with a "Secure code" to reset my password. I don't really want to purchase any new cameras as they were quite expensive for the 5 of them.

If anyone could help that would be great as I am at my wits end with hikvision! I can provide all 5 of my camera serial numbers as they seem to be required.

Thanks for reading.

Steve

Nookster said:
Hello All,

I am new to the forum and have just found it after googling for information on how to reset password on hikvision DS-2CD2132 cameras - seems like the best people to ask are right here, so here goes.

I have(had?) 5 Hikvision DS-2CD2132 cameras set up and they were all working fine. The cameras were left online at my old property while I moved house, the power was turned off and the cameras disconnected they all seemed to be working (but there were not viewed for maybe a month, so I am unsure if they were working 100% at the time they were turned off but I can't see a reason why not) Now I have moved the cameras, and the standalone machine (PC) that controlled them via the hikvision software ivms-4200.

The software had the camera passwords saved in it (ivms-4200) and as far as I knew were working fine, upon reinstalling the cameras at my new property and connecting the machine back up, it detects all the cameras but fails to login to them, saying Login failed.

There is no way to reset the password, I have tried to contact hikvision for a "Secure code" as it states on their website, but they have not replied and basically ignored me! The only reply came from hikvision in china, saying the cameras were bought from an unauthorised seller and I'm on my own basically. (Not sure how it is my fault ? They are genuine hikvision cameras and were bought brand new.)

I was wondering if I can give my serial numbers to anyone, could they generate the security code for me so I can possibly reset my passwords (I'm not sure how the password could be wrong as it was saved in the application, however it is the only thing I have left to try.) There was a user I found on this forum named CBX that seemed to have a php script which could perform such a task, but I have failed in finding an application/script anywhere online which will decode my serial number and provide me with a "Secure code" to reset my password. I don't really want to purchase any new cameras as they were quite expensive for the 5 of them.

If anyone could help that would be great as I am at my wits end with hikvision! I can provide all 5 of my camera serial numbers as they seem to be required.

Thanks for reading.

Steve

https://www.cctvforum.com/hikvision-password-reset/

Hi,

I have reset the password, I got the message password reset successful, but now it still says Login failed when I try to login to the cameras so I assume the passwords that were saved in the application were not incorrect in the first place and it just couldn't login.

The only thing that has change with the setup is the physical location of them, so I have no idea why it is not working.

Does anyone have anything to suggest? I have tried from both Windows 8 and Mac OS X Yosemite with the iVMS-4200 application. All the cameras are detected when I click the "Show online devices" link. From windows 8 the error message I get is "Failed to log on to device! Error code HCNetSDK.dll [7] (Connection failed; Device off-line or connection timeout)" and from Mac OS X: "Login failed. Error code 7. (Connection failed: device offline or connection timeout"

Does anyone have any ideas or things I can try to find the cause of this? I have no idea why it won't connect but it will reset the password succesfully and lists the online devices without issue.

The cameras are DS-2CD2132-I and the software version says: V5.0.2build 130805

Thanks a lot for reading

Steve

Hi Boogieman,

Thanks for your reply, I have not tried it yet, I will do as soon as I get back home, Is the URL http://cameraip or port 8000 that the camera is on to login via the browser. I didn't try it because the application has always worked, it is very strange.

Regards,

Steve

Hi Boogieman,

Thanks for your reply, I have not tried it yet, I will do as soon as I get back home, Is the URL http://cameraip or port 8000 that the camera is on to login via the browser. I didn't try it because the application has always worked, it is very strange.

Regards,

Steve

if everything is default, the http port is 80, so simply enter the ip address.

I have entered the IP address but cannot get access to the web admin panel, it does not connect even though the device is visible via iVMS. Is there anyway I can reset to factory settings?

Thanks

I have entered the IP address but cannot get access to the web admin panel, it does not connect even though the device is visible via iVMS. Is there anyway I can reset to factory settings?

Thanks

Yes, with hikvision, unplug power, hold the reset button, and while holding apply power...keep holding for 30 seconds...

remember the camera will now default to 192.0.0.64, you will NOT be able to see it on your network..you need to either use hikvisions SADP software to detect and change the ip OR, temporary change your pc's ipv4 address and connect directly via a poe switch or power the camera with 12v and connect directly to the pc.

if you are entering right password and it says incorrect username or password, or give error 152 or 153, it could be problem with your camera IP address. normaly by default cameras are set on 192.168.0.???, but if you change the router and you gatway default ip address is 192.168.1.1, then you can face the above error.

there could be more ways to correct this error but I used the following,

I connected my came with an other router that has default ip address 192.168.0.1, and connected this router to internet and it works, and then I changed IP address of camera manually to 192.168.1.45, and its working