tkpro

Geo vs Vendoma Camera Thread

Now that I got everyones attention, as I said before what a Great thread

With that being said lets do it again ( min 50 repleys )

I need some advice and recommendations ( GE, Nuvico are some that I am considering) with Dome Cameras w/480 lines of resolution, auto iris, vari focal, inside location. Of course looking for the Best Bang for the Buck, with better then average performance. So all of you Big Contributors (cctvexpert, AVCONSULING, paprotec, DVD_Expert_Australia, rory, NEVERENDING, and anyone I forgot ) to that Legendary Thread.

Brand and why

So lets start replying peeps

All Opinions welcome

tk

This is a new camera from Vitek, I haven't seen the actual unit yet but it looks interesting. Here is a link to it. I think Kalatel has some nice ones also and I'm sure Rory can give you some insight on those.

One nice thing about them is that they are 24vac which installers seem to like better than 12vdc. At least less worries about polarity screwups.

http://www.vitekcctv.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductID=182

:lol: Now that I got everyones attention, as I said before what a Great thread

With that being said lets do it again ( min 50 repleys )

I need some advice and recommendations ( GE, Nuvico are some that I am considering) with Dome Cameras w/480 lines of resolution, auto iris, vari focal, inside location. Of course looking for the Best Bang for the Buck, with better then average performance. So all of you Big Contributors (cctvexpert, AVCONSULING, paprotec, DVD_Expert_Australia, rory, NEVERENDING, and anyone I forgot ) to that Legendary Thread.

Brand and why

So lets start replying peeps

All Opinions welcome

tk

I use GE only now, tried a few, phillips, sanyo, and once with pano, but GE has them all beat now. Their Domes are a good video image, use the Varifocal Auto Iris if you are going that route. All their cameras in the mini dome and traditional camera range accept either 24VAC or 12VDC.

You can get them in either coax or UTP now.

Simple set up, great picture. They have a wide selection of mini domes in the 480TVL range also, indoors are typically just color or black & white, but the vandal resistant are in BW, color, Exview, and Day Night, and look good indoors also if thats what you need.

GE now has their own lenses, may just be fujinon with their label, but they are different from the fujinon's i have used in the past. They are better than the Tamron for sure, as I used the 2 different lenses the last time, and i prefer them over computar also. The auto iris cable isnt 1 foot long like the Tamrons also, incase you must use the lens on an indoor camera without a housing, so it doesnt look ugly.

They are better than the Sanyo mini domes and traditional cameras also, since GE bought Kalatel they have made alot of improvements.

Tech support is great, direct email or direct phone numbers to their technicians/engineering dept. They have seperate techs for each dept, like some for cameras, some for DVRs, etc, and they know their stuff.

Now that said, the only other brand I would use would be Phillips if I cant get a GE for some reason, phillips has some good cameras now also. Ganz is supposed to be good, never tried it, but its too expensive on this side of the world to test, and I doubt it can get any better than the video Im getting from the GE cameras. The GE are pricey also, but worth it.

I dont see Nuvico anywhere in the same league as any of the above mentioned. They and Vitek seem to be in the Provideo range of product quality, as they all appear to buy from the same asian markets and just stick their label on them.

Rory