Sign in to follow this  
pwdiver

Is a lorex system camera interchangeable

Probably yes. I guess that both cameras use Onvif protocol, so they are probably compatible. Just plug in and wait, no damage should be done.

Well I bought a Swann 720P camera and have tried it on my Lorex LHV2008 DVR I can see a b&w image but the image cuts in and out I have tried several different modes not much luck, also used my lorex power supply that didnt help either

The LOREX 1080P LHV2 series DVRs have a bug and need to be recalled or LOREX needs to publish a firmware patch. They will not work with lower resolution cameras 720P and below. These are supposed to be backwards compatible to 720p, CIF, and other lower camera resolutions. Also, the channeling is paired on HD DVRs, you must set paired channels the same and use the same resolution cameras on each paired channel. Example: channels 1&2 set to 1080P recording, must have 1080P camera connected. Channels 3&4 set to 720P recording must have 720P cameras. The channeling is typically auto sensing and should auto sense the camera resolution.

Repeat: The LOREX LHV2 series DVRs will not work with any cameras below 1080P resolution.

Edited by Guest

The LOREX 1080P LHV2 series DVRs have a bug and need to be recalled or LOREX needs to publish a firmware patch. These are supposed to be backwards compatible to 720p, CIF, and other lower camera resolutions. Also, the channeling is paired on HD DVRs, you must set paired channels the same and use the same resolution cameras on each paired channel. Example: channels 1&2 set to 1080P recording, must have 1080P camera connected. Channels 3&4 set to 720P recording must have 720P cameras. The channeling is typically auto sensing and should auto sense the camera resolution.

Repeat: The LOREX LHV2 series DVRs will not work with any cameras below 1080P resolution.

It is sold as 1080p they are cvi it is not sold as 720p or analog cif

1080P LHV2 Series DVR. Lorex specs state backwards compatible, and configuration recording options provide lower resolution settings. LOREX and other brand 720P cameras flicker on and off and will not sync.

1080P LHV2 Series DVR. Lorex specs state backwards compatible, and configuration recording options provide lower resolution settings. LOREX and other brand 720P cameras flicker on and off and will not sync.

1080p LHV series gives it away. ..... cvi are dahua lorex flir

The system looks for 1080p and not 720p

LHV 2. Series ONLY USES CVI 1080p