adasiuu

Weird fog.

Hi,

Image from indoor dome camera (NVIP-3DN5040V/IR-1P) is very foggy in night mode:

295182_1.jpg

Lens and cover (also from inside) is clean. Cover has some scratches. IR LEDs works well.

Lens have rubber seal wich is in well condition and pressed to cover so IR can't reflect from inside.

I thought the camera sensor has been damaged but when we tested it in office we get this image:

295182_2.jpg

Any ideas whats causing this fog?

Mounting looks likes this:

295182_3.jpg

295182_4.jpg

295182_5.jpg

In night mode and lights on image from camera looks likes this:

295182_6.jpg

I don't have sample from day mode but it looks the same as above (sharp and clean) but in color.

Does the camera have IRs ? if so check voltage at camera with IRs on

Yes, camera have LED IRs. We've replaced the camera with a new one and it has same fog. Seems like camera is OK. This is the only camera on this corridor so we exclude posibility of reflections from other IRs.

I'm also having this same problem with outdoor dome cams at a client's location. Have cleaned domes and lenses twice. The manufacturer's tech support suggested I change the viewing angle saying that when it is too far one side or the other it can cause the IR sensors to be too far from the dome and cause bounceback. However, changing the angle did nothing. What model cams are you working with? The ones I'm working with are IC Realtime ICR-650-VD.

The manufacturer's tech support suggested I change the viewing angle saying that when it is too far one side or the other it can cause the IR sensors to be too far from the dome and cause bounceback.

We've got similar sugesstions from support too. As we took off the camera from a wall we failed to get this fog in our environment. We tried almost everything including blinding it with some other IRs and mounting camera in every angle on wall or ceilling. We even built some covers to bounce IR back to camera but effect was different. It's only shows in this specific spot on client's site. That fog is showing even thought we replace camera with new one.

Next week we'll come to client and do more tests.

Your problem is the mounting position of the camera. You are getting IR reflected off the ceiling tiles. That camera is designed to be mounted horizontally. I know in many cases it can be used in the vertical plane but (as you have seen) there can be problems. Either remount it to the ceiling ( and fix the wall) or get an L shaped wall bracket to use.

The same problem is often experienced by novice installers who mount a similar camera under an eve. They invariably mount it as far back towards the wall as they can to keep it out of the weather and end up with the same reflection problem from the eve.