Sign in to follow this  
svt11

Recommendation for camera system with audio

Hi, I've got really strange task with putting cameras with audio. I have DVRs from 2 manufacturers - TVT and Hikvision. Today one person told me about these two and that only Dahua support putting audio without need of an external microphone. And that Dahua DVR supports audio over coaxial cable with its cameras. If I put Dahua camera even IP on TVT DVR it won't record - IP camera I mean.

Hikvision and TVT also support audio over coaxial cable (when using HDTVI).

Both HDCVI and HDTVI support it. Of course, you need in both cases a camera with an integrated microphone, if you do not want to be using an external microphone.

I didn't see such models from tvt, hikvision maybe they don 't have them in Europe. I saw some DVR which is called to be pentabrid from Dahua and Hikvision. But I need the same software for watching them, so...

All HDTVI/HDCVI recorders will record audio over the coaxial cable, no matter what manufacturer they are from.

I am also from Europe, you should have no problems with Hikvision and Dahua. I do not know much about TVT other that it is s "small" Shenzhen company, I have never tried their units.

Hi. Both TVT and hik DVRs have audio record. It is not from the camera .... You need home run cable back to the dvr audio input. On back of dvr

Hi. Both TVT and hik DVRs have audio record. It is not from the camera .... You need home run cable back to the dvr audio input. On back of dvr

Not completely correct; both HDCVI and HDTVI (don't know about AHD, we don't use it) can carry audio/PTZ signal over the coaxial cable. So with an HDCVI/HDTVI camera that has integrated microphone you do not need to use at all the audio input on the back of the DVRs.

Hmmm, OK, if you say so, but TVT don't have HDTVI cameras with integrated audio. I didn't see such from Hikvision except couple IP cameras, but they may produce something in the future.

Not completely correct; both HDCVI and HDTVI (don't know about AHD, we don't use it) can carry audio/PTZ signal over the coaxial cable. So with an HDCVI/HDTVI camera that has integrated microphone you do not need to use at all the audio input on the back of the DVRs.

The op has not said which format he uses. But still either way cvi and tvi DVRs still have home run audio.

So even if he is on analog or cvi tvi he still has a way of adding audio. ...... Only downside is some DVRs only have 1 audio input or 4

Hmmm, OK, if you say so, but TVT don't have HDTVI cameras with integrated audio. I didn't see such from Hikvision except couple IP cameras, but they may produce something in the future.

Look at the back of your TVT you should see audio rca

What I'm trying to say is I need cameras with integrated microphones. I saw models of IP cameras and hdcvi from Dahua and IP only from hikvision. The replacement must be done secretly. I know how its done using external mics, but I don't need it.

What I'm trying to say is I need cameras with integrated microphones. I saw models of IP cameras and hdcvi from Dahua and IP only from hikvision. The replacement must be done secretly. I know how its done using external mics, but I don't need it.

So what format is your systems

Are you using ip or cvi or analog

OK, I have 960H DVR from TVT and Hikvision HD-TVI DVR. So TVT will work only with analogue cameras from other vendors which won't pass audio signal through the coaxial and their IP cameras don't have integr microphone. I need to replace TVT DVR with Dahua. Hikvision on the other have IP cameras with integr mic and can possibly be attached to older 960H DVR? I saw some HD TVI models which are expected to be released and possibly will have integrated mic but for now I can't buy them. I saw pentabrid DVR from Hikvision - which can support HD-CVI cameras from Dahua as seen by specification, but don't know if this is true. Other solution is offcourse pentabrid DVR from Dahua.

You are making your own post confusing

IP will not work on your TVT analog

How many mics do you need ??

How many channels is your TVT and hik recorder.

Can you get another cable to were you want microphones

Then it won't be done secretly. Tvt is 16ch plus couple ip cameras. Hikvision hd tvi is 16 ch. From it I need 4 mics.

Then it won't be done secretly. Tvt is 16ch plus couple ip cameras. Hikvision hd tvi is 16 ch. From it I need 4 mics.

So your TVT is a hybrid ...... Then use dahua with audio

Are all your tvi done with coax or cat5

OK, sorry for posting another reply but I'm now in fluctuation for couple IP cameras with integrated microphone.

1. Dahua IPC-H5421E

2. Hikvision DS-2CD4025FWD(A)(P)

Their price difference is about 100 Euro here in my country. Hikvision is professional series, has about the same functions as Dahua - Dahua has even more and is 4Mpixels. I think Hikvision will be more durable, am I right?

BTW can u recommend me analog bullet camera 960H from Hikvision which is good, because I need it for some place. Previous now it's not working and before was showing purplish hue.