PKassab

Need help locating a camera

I usually use 3.8-9 varifocal Domes when I install dome cameras. Well i have one of my customers who has 8mm dome Sony cameras. He wants a few more but does NOT want varifocal and I am having a hard time find 8mm domes. Can anyone help me out. I appreciate it.

Peter K

My man, just change the lens on them, you can get them for around $10 bucks a pop anywhere

You sure?

All of the domes that I've worked with all have interchangable lens

Uh, I use EVERYTHING, Ganz, Sony, Panasonic, Photronics, Cheapo taiwanesse and korean, even some pelcos.

I get them from a million different places, must most of the time from factories direct.

I usually use 3.8-9 varifocal Domes when I install dome cameras. Well i have one of my customers who has 8mm dome Sony cameras. He wants a few more but does NOT want varifocal and I am having a hard time find 8mm domes. Can anyone help me out. I appreciate it.

Peter K

The Pelco ICS090 series, a cheap little camera comes with an 8mm option. I don't use many lines, but I do use Pelco a lot.

Raymond

There are several different types of lens for Dome cams, but if you are usuing non Auto Iris domes then most will come with either a 4mm or 3.6mm lens, these are interchangeable and called Board Lenses.. thje other Auto iris ones are usually mounted differently and are not usually interchangeble.

One thing to note though is that Japanese Board lenses are different, they have a different thread size, we found that on the Ganz domes, I would assume that you would have board lens cams if not Auto Iris and you should be able to get them at like.. $10 each.

I forgot to tell you as well.. some Board lenses have long shanks and some have short, be sure to measure them before you order, it depends on how far from the sensor it finishes... choosing the wrong one will make you screw it in too far and smash the sensor, there is also a grub screw on most lenses, so if yours has this then it needs to be undone before you unscrew it..some just have a spring to hold it in place but that is usually only on cheaper Taiwanese domes and some have Glue would you believe!!