Joe67

No video signal

Hi,

I just bought two identical cameras from an outlet in Shenzhen. They have BNC video output plug and were both tested at point of sale. I saw them working. After I return to Australia and plug them in, there is no output from either camera. I have tried plugging them directly into TV, through my DVR and through a video to VGA converter to a monitor. It states they use 0.5 Amps (12v). I was using a 2 Amp (12v) power supply. The IR's come on when you cover the light sensor.

I have heard of cameras that only work in China, but I believe that to be IP cameras.

I bought two other different style cameras from a different store and they work as intended.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas what the problem could be. Surely both wouldn't be damaged in transit in the same way as each other.

Thanks for the reply. That has put me on the right track, I think. The camera has CVI clearly labelled on it. With a bit of research, it appears this would only be compatable with one brand of DVR. I suppose my best option would be to sell them to someone with a compatible system.

IMG_1440.thumb.JPG.5ca601784cfaafa5df710fc72708d14a.JPG

IMG_1666.thumb.JPG.52b2d52d48ca657ee0b557599b1a76bb.JPG

Joe before you sell them off you may want to reconsider. Hi def is certainly the way to go, It maybe better to sell off your analogue cameras & DVR & upgrade to a CVI system. A 4 chan CVI DVR can be had for as little as

$180 aus and cameras for $60. Get on to Rhino Technology for exact prices

Hi. Would also keep the cameras .... That is a good camera ..... Look for a multi format system ..... .cvi tvi ahd 960h IP. All on one recorder

That's some good advice there, I think I will upgrade my DVR. Could not find prices on Rhino, but maybe Alibaba or next trip to Shenzhen. Stuff is quite cheap in China, I only paid equivalent to AU$40 each for those cameras. Would be considerably more in Australia I would expect.