Sign in to follow this  
cutterman

upgrading NVR from Hikvision 7716 to 9632

Hi

I have purchased a 9632-NI8 NVR to upgrade a 7716 SP16. As you may know the 7716 has 16 POE ports which assign IP addresses. All the cameras were added using plug-and-play configuration so no passwords are manually set.

My new configuration uses a 48 port POE switch connected to a router with DHCP enabled. The 9632 NVR connects fine to this same subnet. I am unable to add the old cameras to the new NVR- they show up on the 9632 camera list with the old IP address but cannot be activated. They show up on SADP tool but I do not have the correct password to change the cameras to DHCP. I tried using main password for old 7716 NVR. Also tried changing camera to manual setup on 7716 NVR and adding a password. Still cannot change config with SADP tool (password rejected) and now camera gives error message (wrong user or password) and there is no video image. All camera firmware and 7716 firmware up to date.

I only tried to add/troubleshoot one camera. I reconnected the other 15 cameras back to the 7716 and they are working fine.

My questions:

How do I fix camera #1 that I referred to above?

Is there a simple way to change the other 15 cameras to DHCP enabled so I can add them to my new NVR? Do I need to request password resets for all 16?

Thank you very much

When the NVR activates the cameras with "plug and play" it configures them with its own password; so the cameras will have the password the NVR had when they were connected the first time.

If you have changed the NVR (7716) password since then, I would say that the password on the cameras does NOT get changed/updated, so they will have the password the NVR had at that time.

Thank you for the response. I solved the problem by getting the temp password the installer used to set up the first set of cameras.

Best regards. . .