Sign in to follow this  
atechnical2

IP Camera Advice

Hello I'm a complete noob apologies for what's coming next. I would like advice on an turret or bullet outdoor camera to monitor a walkway and the driveway behind it. I would like to install it under a soffit or possibly on a post on the ground. I'm not really concerned about crime but monitoring the house while kids are home alone and cars in the driveway during day and night. I'd like notifications on my phone and pad when I'm home. Recording/Saving the video is less important but still interested if the cost and complexity isn't too much.

Don't get panic. As there are many softwares you can install on your devices where you want like mobile, tablet, laptop etc. And with the help of software you can able to watch what you want in a easy way at anywhere. I would like to suggest you to install CCTV access, through this software you can easily watch the things.

A turret is less likely to have spider/bug problems. it gets annoying going out almost every night with a long handled brush to wipe spider webs away.

You can get a camera with an sd card for recording motion detection events.