tcmw

Hikvision or Swann Security Cameras? Help me decide.

So I am looking to install an 8 channel IP security system however the biggest problem I'm having is figuring out who the heck to buy from.

I'm steering away from Lorex because all I read about is their poor customer support.

I have researched Hikvision and Swann systems with Hik costing a bit more. Is there another company I should look for?

My budget is $1000 max.

My question is who should I be looking to buy from for quality of product, quality of service, and customer support.

Security cam systems aren't cheap so I want to make sure I get my money worth.

So I am looking to install an 8 channel IP security system however the biggest problem I'm having is figuring out who the heck to buy from.

I'm steering away from Lorex because all I read about is their poor customer support.

I have researched Hikvision and Swann systems with Hik costing a bit more. Is there another company I should look for?

My budget is $1000 max.

My question is who should I be looking to buy from for quality of product, quality of service, and customer support.

Security cam systems aren't cheap so I want to make sure I get my money worth.

Take a look at costco, Swan is the same as Hick

https://www.costco.com/Swann-8-Channel-HD-Analog-DVR-with-2TB-HDD%2c-8-5MP-Cameras-with-100'-Night-Vision.product.100324200.html

Swann 8-Channel HD Analog DVR with 2TB HDD, 8 5MP Cameras with 100' Night Vision

$699.99 and Costco have a good return Policy...

Thanks for the reply but I need IP PoE cameras with an NVR so I can view my cameras on my phone.

I can recommend Hikvision, I've got five of them running for about two years. I would suggest buying from an authorized dealer (B&H) for future firmware updates.