Sign in to follow this  
DannyB

Swann PROH-855 Camera, Samsung SRD1694 DRV, No video

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and hoping someone can help... I've got a Samsung SRD-1694 DVR, which claims to support 1080p AHD Cameras, I've bought a couple of Swann PROH-855 Cameras, which claim to be 1080p AHD...

However plugging them in gives no video on the DVR at all, Covering the light sensor turns the IR on okay, so they are getting power.

There is a joystick inline with the camera that one way makes the camera TVI, the other way AHD, however they aren't labelled as to which is which. If I have it one way the channel in the setup is marked as High Def, the other way is marked as Standard Def, however neither one produces a picture!

Anyone got this (or similar) working and knows any tricks or tips?

Regards,

Danny

Hello. Make sure the cameras are each set to either AHD or analog and if they are set to AHD then do not pair them up with any old analog cameras in connecting them to the DVR. AHD and analog cameras generally do not play nice when mixed together.

Can I not mix AHD and Analogue on the same DVR system then? I have older analogue camera's that I'm not looking at replacing and was hoping to put new HD cameras on a couple of channels.

Danny

Can I not mix AHD and Analogue on the same DVR system then? I have older analogue camera's that I'm not looking at replacing and was hoping to put new HD cameras on a couple of channels.

Danny

Hi. How many of each format of a era are you using

Have you tried just connecting 1 cam to your recorder to see if it gives you a image

Danny

Hi. How many of each format of a era are you using

Have you tried just connecting 1 cam to your recorder to see if it gives you a image

I've got 7 analogue camera's, plus 2 of the swann HD ones.

Just tried removing everything then putting the HD one in, even rebooted DVR, still nothing

Beginning to think these cameras won't work with this DVR.

Danny