Sign in to follow this  
zacharyx

Grainy picture over time

Hi guys, new to the forum and looking for a little help. I am using HIKVision 2CD2142 and 2CD 2542 in 2.8mm and 4mm. The issue I am having is that after a few days the ones I have WDR enabled on become grainy for the night pictures. They look great for the first few days and sometimes weeks but they eventually turn grainy. I can turn WDR on and back off and they are fine for a while but the picture quality eventually get worse over time.

Any help will be appreciated

trying to figure how resetting turning WDR off and back on would fix an issue with either but I will check to see if there is a mounting similarity between the cameras doing it. As well as see if the ones with POE off the NVR vs a switch is a difference

here are some screen shots to see if they help

2 weeks since WDR reset last on a DS-2CD2542FWD-IS, mounted directly to a wall, POE from a cisco SF200-24FP-NA switch, 60ft of cat6

297727_1.jpg

same camera 1 hour after resetting WDR

297727_2.jpg

Same building same WDR reset, camera mounted on a WMS110 mount onto a steel pole. DS-2CD2142FWD-IS, 74ft of cat6 POE off the same switch.

297727_3.jpg

again 1 hour after turning WDR off and back on

297727_4.jpg

Another location that I do not have an after picture for since I have not been back out recently, this is a week or so after I turned WDR on, the picture was dark but clear for the first couple days

DS-2CD2542FWD-IS , POE from DS-7716NI-SP, mounted on the side of the house, 46ft cat6

297727_5.jpg